0 - 85 in 2.2 seconds

lmf64

Lest I forget why I call him a difficult child, he had to remind me. I am exhausted from a one hour battle over money and a two letter word. Yep! That's the one! You know it! But for those who have never heard it before it's NO.
This afternoon I began having an uneasy feeling this afternoon when the phone rang. I looked at the caller id and sure enough it was the school. But, she was calling to get my email. She said that difficult child had had a good day, but seemed to be a bit tired today. Okay, that's weird, he was asleep at 7 last night. I woke him up at 10:30 for his medications and he went right back to sleep, so maybe he was tired because he got too much sleep? I decided that I'd put off the imminent explosion over his insistance that he was hungry and made him a Philly sandwich and had it ready when he came home. His skills worker is scheduled to be here at 3 on Monday's and Friday's and I didn't want his time to be spent dealing with a hungry teenager refusing to cooperate.
His skills worker got here and difficult child asked me for some money, which I don't have. He called my mom to see if he could get the money from her from the garage sale she's having this weekend. For whatever reason she told him no and hung up. Well, that was it. He was off. Screaming at me. Calling me every name in the book. Telling his skills worker to just fing leave, he wasn't going anywhere with him, etc etc etc. It went on for just short of an hour. Finally after realizing that I was serious. I will remove his tv and ps2 etc. He decided to leave with skills worker, 10 minutes before his skills worker needed to leave for his next client. They went for a short drive and talked for a few minutes and when he came home he was calmed down.
I had to run a quick errand (less than 10 minutes) and while I was gone he went outside to play with the neighbor kids (some bad some good). Well, let's just say the bad outweigh the good. difficult child knows that many of the kids he was outside with are only around him to tease and torment him. I try to let him be and work things out on his own, but am glad I was spying this time. One of the kids was spitting at difficult child, which of course set him off again. He was on his way to get something to threaten the kid with when I stopped him. I don't think he'd ever actually hurt anyone, but at his size and age he's asking for trouble to just threaten. One of the kids threw a bottle which shattered all over the neighbor's driveway. I made difficult child get the broom to clean it up at which point one of the 'good' kids pitched in to help him.
Now he's in his room and I'm sitting here whipped. The energy this kid takes is outrageous. But I love him and will continue to do what it takes to get him through to adulthood and independence.

Last edited:

busywend

Good job keeping things relatively calm!

In the future, can you try to use paragraphs? These tired eyes had a tough time keeping to the right sentence. Sigh...aging is a beautiful thing - NOT!

Star*

call 911........call 911
These are the times when you should have a tape recorder and REALLY good batteries.....because someday you could play this stuff back and just let them be AMAZED at their stupidity.

You did VERY VERY well.

VERY ....WELL.

Hugs