10 reasons why I shouldn't be left alone

F

flutterbee

Ok. So, not really ten. But, it's definitely not boring around here.

Like the day it took me 3 tries to find my silverware drawer. It's been in the same place since we moved in in December.

Or yesterday. Sigh. We got this stuff for Jewel that helps with hotspots and is also an insect repellant. It's all natural and can be used on people, too. It has a *very* strong fragrance - kind of a woodsy-orange. I'm soooooo sensitive to smells. I can't be around Jewel for at least an hour after I spray it on her. My mom and difficult child went to the grocery store; easy child was working. I was home alone. I guess I was bored - who knows :rolleyes: - and I picked up the stuff and was reading all of it's uses. It said skin and hair conditioner. For some unknown reason, I immediately sprayed it on my hair. Of course, I also managed to spray my forehead and nose. :faint: So, I'm immediately scrambling for wet paper towels (I was in the kitchen) to get it off my nose. OMG. It smelled so strong. And then I run (well, hobble is probably more accurate) back to my bathroom and cover my hair with hairspray to try cover up the other smell. And I can't stand the smell of my hairspray anymore. :rofl: I couldn't stand to be around myself for a good 45 minutes. I still have no idea why I did it.

Today, difficult child and I were sitting outside. I asked difficult child to go in the house and get my soda off the desk. She was gone 30 seconds tops. She comes back outside with the soda and I asked her, "What's this for?" :faint:

I was talking to my mom this evening about stuff with my doctor and kept referring to her as Dr. Hydro. Hydro is one of my cats. No clue. :hammer:

But, you know, it's not so bad. At least it makes me laugh. And if I go clothes shopping and then put them away, it's like Christmas every day for at least a month when I open my closet. :rofl:

:D

Abbey

Spork Queen
You sound like me. I go down 3 flights of stairs to get something...get to the bottom without falling (that's a feat in itself) and forget what I'm going for.

Abbey

Andy

:hairy:Must be the "hairspray"? I can't believe you actually sprayed it on yourself. You are very good at following instructions - the can says "spray" so you spray! :rofl:

But then, I don't use hairspray so what's my excuse?

On a side note, I overheard a staff member talking about a skunk that visited their yard. The dog scared it under part of the house where it got cornered and sprayed. It was near their bedroom window so he said he got some medicated vicks and put under his nose.

Problem is whoever was talking was walking away from my office and I didn't hear anymore. Sorry, I don't make a good eaves dropper. However, I wonder if that would really help. But then again, that stuff is strong and might also make you sick?

When you asked difficult child to get your soda did you also ask her to bring it to you? "difficult child, will you go get my soda?" But no instructions on what to do with it once she got it. So, you didn't remember what she was to do with it. :)

If we try hard enough, we may be able to explain it away.

mstang67chic

Going Green
On a side note, I overheard a staff member talking about a skunk that visited their yard. The dog scared it under part of the house where it got cornered and sprayed. It was near their bedroom window so he said he got some medicated vicks and put under his nose.

Problem is whoever was talking was walking away from my office and I didn't hear anymore. Sorry, I don't make a good eaves dropper. However, I wonder if that would really help. But then again, that stuff is strong and might also make you sick?

Oh it works alright. So does walking around holding a bottle of perfume directly under your nose or a lit incense stick. (Although you have to be careful with that....way too easy to burn your nose hairs)

DammitJanet

Well Heather...you know you arent alone. If you talk to anyone we automatically end up doing the exact same things! You went to the dentist and somehow I ended up with an orthodontist...lol. Even though I had gone to my psychiatrist! Duh....lmao. At least they both ended with ...ist.

It makes me feel ever so better to talk to someone that gets it because normal folks think I have lost my marbles.

F

flutterbee

Well, Janet, my mom did teach me to share. :D :devil:

Oh, I couldn't do the perfume or the incense, let alone the Vicks. :sick: easy child sprays his Axe stuff in the bathroom with the exhaust fan on and then closes the door. I can't stand most smells - good or otherwise. The most I do these days is scented lotion from Bath and Body Works. And I smell it all day long. And that's only wearing it on my legs from the knee down.