100 Degree Heat Days, Drama Queens, Sickness...

Tiapet

Old Hand
constant arguing over who's playing who's game boy games (and it's only the second day out of school!), "I'm bored" (tons of television stations they could watch), and now.....choking "DENSE SMOKE" advisory! (and we aren't even NEAR the forest fires. The fires are in eastern north carolina but the smoke has arrived here and yup, sure enough it is chokingly so. It is smelly and since it's so hot it brings it right on down to our ground level. Can't send the kids out to play in it as it's unhealthy so no break.

I am trying to appease the gods and find things to do for them, seperate them when I can but nothing is making them happy no matter what I seem to come up with. You can only let them play in the bath tub for so long as that seems to be the one activity that works.

Add in a 16 1/2 year old who didn't take her medication for ADHD this morning since she slept over a friends house last night and then I took her right to have wisdom teeth pulled first thing this morning and.... omigosh you think I was the worst parent the way she was carrying on because I would not take her right from the appointment to game stop (as promised) to get the game she wanted! I couldn't do it because she was so groggy and out of it. I told her later. Boy did she carry on hysterically. I was amazed being so out of it she could still do so but it was typical of not having her morning medication in her, just amplified from sedation. Then she passes back out at home for an hour on living room floor in front of me only to wake back up and start all over again! *sigh*

I get worked up and I start choking because of my cough. Do these kids not get being sick, can they not see with their own eyes? Must the world always revolve around them with each moment of the day? I mean come on! One I just wanted to wait until she could function to take, the other two I want to learn how to be satisfied with the million and one things they actually DO have to do (heck, they even have each other!)

Ok, I'm done ranting. I'm just tired of this and it's going to be a loooong summer if it continues. I hope I can make it until July 7th. At least the one (middle) difficult child will start back up a new school year as she will go year round this year. The one GOOD choice I made to try and separate the two little ones over the summer and help her since she is a poor student and being kept back because of it.

Thanks for listening.

4sumrzn

I'm sorry....It's hard, I know it is! Must the world always revolve around them? Well....I haven't figured out a way that it doesn't. Would love to have the secret if there is one ;)

The smoke advisory.....that doesn't help at all! Sorry about that too. My baby sis is headed down to NC Saturday....hope she doesn't run into anything of that driving.

'Chelle

Sorry for the not-optimal start to your summer - hope things get better for you. I know last year easy child waited 3 days to say I'm bored after school was done. Ours still have 10 days to go, then we'll see how they do. LOL

And yeah, their world is the only one that matters. I've railed at mine a few times when I've dragged myself out of a sick bed to do for them, and nobody seems to notice and/or care that I've had a fever of 103 and multiple visits to the porcelain bowl, and they have the nerve to comment on something like "I don't want that for dinner".

F

flutterbee

No words of wisdom. Just hugs. And I feel your pain.

difficult child stubbed her toe tonight and was going on how it's not fair and she might not get to go shopping tomorrow because it's going to hurt too bad to take a shower (it would sting, she says). Can you say Drama Queen?

I'm sorry you're 'trapped' in the house with them.

(((hugs)))

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
It sounds like a long hot summer... I have not answers just a lot of sympathy! My girls are freaking because we have been in winter since November. We just had snow again. It barely made it into the 50's today, that was warm!
So my girls are whining ALOT for warmth and the garden.
It's coooold. At least we can breathe. i hope your smoke blows over.

Tiapet

Old Hand
Well they said the smoke has lifted some today so while it's still not great it is better and you can go out by this afternoon. However, the kids are still in their difficult child glory of acting up.

I have to take middle one to therapy in afternoon (always a joy as it's an hour there and back). Little dude is going to stay with oldest one, who happens to be having a friend come over too, while I go. This ought to be fun as sometimes they don't get along - as like right now accidentally he hit her in the face with the broom trying to grab it the same time as her trying to help her sweep, she won't accept it was an accident and now mocks his crying because he is upset she won't accept it and he is sorry.:disgusted: I don't take him if I can help it or he doesn't have an appointment too (usually they have appointments same time every other week) because for him to ride in car, they would fight, and then to sit for an hour during an appointment waiting is too much for him.

She was better overall WHEN she first got up this morning as her mouth was better and even offered to watch the two little ones this evening if I wanted to go out to dinner for my birthday with SO. I declined as that just isn't possible financially and thanked her anyway. She immediately then started asking to go out or have a friend over (knowing I had the appointment today first).

I now regret I said she could have a friend over because she is right back to being nasty to me! Amazingly "at the moment" the middle one is just calmly sitting on the living room floor drawing.

Soooooooo, today I doubt they will get out but tomorrow looks good so far. I guess I have to make sure not to use not going out as a consequence because it will be a consequence to ME if I do! LOL

Abbey

Spork Queen
Yikes. Sounds llike you need a girl's day out.

I used to have parents almost cry when summer vacation came around. They want someone else to babysit. They usually sent them to camps for the summer. I never had the money to do that, so we just put up with them. ;)

Good luck!

Abbey