11 days

JJJ

It has become pretty clear that Kanga is going to need to go back into a hospital and hopefully an Residential Treatment Center (RTC) after that. I know this sounds stupid but she has 11 days left in her hockey season. If she can make it through those 11 days, then no one outside our family need know that she is back in the hospital. As her team is playing in the State Tournament for the last 5 of those days, her absence will be noticed and talked about -- by all the teams as she is well known and most of the 'scouting' for next season happens that weekend. There won't be a team in the State that she could go to that won't know there is something "wrong" with her. Because Kanga, of course, ignored husband, I, therapist and psychiatrist and told her team why she was really in the hospital last time.

Course husband is in Florida for 6 of those days...

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Triple J,

What is the plan if difficult child cannot hold it together? While it would be wonderful for Kanga to compete in the hockey tournament, what if she just cannot maintain?

I'm worried for you & the rest of the family; especially since husband is out of town.

Keep us updated - please. :warrior:

JJJ

She woke up this morning and apologized for her behavior last night and agreed she deserved her punishment. This is her calmest morning-after in a long time.

Linda-if she can't maintain and gets dangerous, she'll be at ER and she'll have to suffer the consequences of missing State. Her life and safety are more important than and hockey game, I'm just hoping she doesn't dig this hole for herself.

Fran-we have a therapist appointment today and I'll try and get into the psychiatrist to discuss a medication tweak

Thanks all for being here.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Triple J,

I hope Kanga doesn't dig that hole either. So many times our difficult children sabotage good things that happen.

Keeping fingers crossed that difficult child maintains - matures.

:flower: Take care of yourself, lady :flower:

JJJ

We had a really good session with therapist today. I stayed the entire time and the therapist eventually got Kanga to admit that her behavior is the cause of nearly all of her problems. Course she will likely forget this next time she is mad...but it is a start.