12:30 a.m. and WAY TOO MANY OF US ARE ON HERE!

buddy

Hi fellow CD posters who should be in bed so we can deal with our lives!!!! What the heck are we doing awake????

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I've always been a night owl. I drive my kids crazy. I can go to bed at 4am and be back up wide awake no later than 9am. lol

I try not to do too many 4ams but it happens fairly often.

InsaneCdn

Well... first of all, it isn't 12:30 HERE yet. So that explains some of us, some of the time.

And, well... the only time I can get stuff done is AFTER the entire rest of the crew crashes for the night. difficult child and husband aren't a problem but K2... well, she didn't crash out until an hour ago. So... lets see...

Laundry is running full tilt.
Need to go up and unload the dishwasher so we're ready for breakfast.
Oh, that reminds me - need to re-load the fridge so we don't run out of juice in the morning.
Just took the dogs out for their last washroom break of the day, and tucked them in.

Next... I'm behind at work, so I'll probably get a couple hours in before I sign off for the night.

(yes, buddy, I really am insane)

And your excuse is?

buddy

haha! I think you need something to do with your spare time! Yeah, I figured that MN was not the center of the earth, but I was feeling silly. I just can't settle the old brain down. We had such a great day at rolling ridge ranch and therapeutic horse back riding. I was actually not just obsessing about the IEP monday, I was really thinking how thrilled I was to have such a great day with difficult child. We just dont get many like that. My boy got like 50 compliments on how he did and he not only rode well, but he helped set up tables, feed and brush horses, clean things up all because they had a fund raiser. It was not the usual lessons, thought he would fall apart, instead, he stayed from 1pm to 7pm and did not have ONE incident (past telling me to shut up a couple of times). So great.

ahhh, there now I said it, maybe I can rest, didn't seem worthy of a full new thread, so thanks insane!

InsaneCdn

and did not have ONE incident (past telling me to shut up a couple of times).

Way to Go! That shut-up stuff sounds more typical teen than anything else, as in... my almost-easy child would do that if she's having a good day and doesn't want ME to mess it up...

Instructions to Buddy...
Start brain-shut-down sequence.
You know the drill.

<he he he>

DammitJanet

Im up because my knee hurts and Im waiting for pain medications to kick in. Hope they do sometime soon, I have a big day tomorrow. I have to leave to get to Myrtle Beach! Doesnt help that Tony is tossing and turning in the bed next to me...sigh. When he tosses and turns, he makes all these damned noises too. Argh, Ugh, sigh, grrr. blrvh. Its like sleeping with a bear.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Not too late here, but am a night owl. I only can sleep about 5 hours at a time, and once I am awake, its over till I get tired. I hate just laying there in bed if I am not tired - seems just like such a waste of time so I play facebook games or endless rounds of Solitare.

I no longer have to stress out over IEP's and such but sadly have enough other stuff to think about :)

Marcie

DDD

"Back in the day" on the Board here were alot of us who posted between midnight and 4 AM or so. It was such a comfort to know you could reach out. In fact, lol, some of us played backgammon on a web site where we could play and "talk" and even have "CD guests" sit and shoot the breeze. I'm glad those days are gone (and I think the other families are no longer here). on the other hand, it sure saved my sanity more than once.

by the way, in this mornings Parade Mag it says that the healthiest amount of sleep for a woman is around five to six hours.
I have a sister and a easy child who never sleep more than six. Me ?? I do best with nine. DDD

DammitJanet

DDD, I am used to getting about 9 to 10 hours of sleep at night. Then maybe a nap during the day. I think my new medicine is helping me stay awake more and get up earlier. Lordy I hope so! Im not much more active but at least Im awake and feel more alive. LOL

buddy

hounddog, that is interesting to me. I love to nap but I resist for the same reason. Sometimes more sleep just drags me out. I have heard that is why "power naps" are supposed to be just short little sleeps if they are needed. But once I fall asleep during the day, I could sleep for hours.

DDD

I "can" get by on six or so.........."but" I need to catch up the next day. It may not make scientific sense but that's just the way I am. The most successful people that I have know have been late to bed and early to rise. I just can't. DDD

KTMom91

If I hadn't discovered the wonders of Ambien last year, I'd be one of those on here in the middle of the night California time...while the rest of you are responding to the Good Morning thread, I'm saying Good Night.