13 year old in psychiatric ward for first time

When was his last dose of Zoloft? That still has to exit the body and can have withdrawal effect, yes even after just 6 days. Yes, it could also be the Abilify.

His last dose of Zoloft -- 12.5 mg, was Monday morning. He was on it for 6 days, three of them at 25 mg, and three of them at 12.5 mg.
He had one dose of Abilify last night -- 2 mg.

He heard someone calling his name this afternoon, and he answered the voice. I was lying down and in another room for an hour, his sister was one room away and he though she had called out to him. She did not.

InsaneCdn

He heard someone calling his name this afternoon, and he answered the voice. I was lying down and in another room for an hour, his sister was one room away and he though she had called out to him. She did not

This is just a left-curve what-if, but...

That COULD be a hearing or auditory problem. If so, it could be completely unrelated, or hearing can be affected by some medications.

What makes me say this is... I have a hearing problem. And this happens to me ALL THE TIME. I get delayed echos in my ears... something somebody said even several hours before, I will "hear" - and yes, they think I'm crazy (or insane...). But it really is just a hearing problem...

If it is a hearing problem, then you still really need to push to find out which medication (if any) is involved - because if its caused by medications, it will get worse, and you don't want THAT. (trust me.) If it is NOT caused by the medications... you still need to get to the bottom of it, whatever the cause. But it might be worth checking out.

seriously

Zoloft has a 26 hour half life and doesn't clear the body completely for 5 to 6 days, assuming normal metabolism.

Lots of people take both these medications together but I suppose there's a small chance that the side effects are due to an interaction between the Zoloft and Abilify.