15 days of school left

JJJ

15 days of school left and I have so much that has to be done before they are home full-time!!!

Where did Spring go???

LittleDudesMom

Fifteen days - let me count - oh, we have 26 left until the 8th grade award assembly and 27 till the big 8th grade trip to a local theme park - the rest of the school will go into the next week but the eighth graders are done!

I agree, it does not seem like the time between Christmas and now has not been five months - merely weeks......the winter flew by even though most of us had a snowier and colder one than usual.

JJJ, best get cracking! I actually look forward to summer.....sorry :(

Sharon

here's hoping you find many magical camplike activities that dont require mortgaging your house or spending every waking minute of your day chauffering or entertaining in some fashion......

i have a ton i ought to be doing too---but i'm pretty convinced if i spring clean there will still be summer dirt so why bother, LOL.

list of things for YOU to do for the next 15 days:
1)soak in a hot tub/shower for an hour in peace...i reccommend a good once a day.

2)lay on the couch and watch various lifetime movies or talk shows so you can see how other peoples life s*ck worse than ours.

3)read 15 trashy magazines cover to cover.

4)buy and then eat all the not good for you foods you can stomach--binge on hershey kisses and potato chips. limit this to maybe 1/2 of your time left. or drink. heavily.

5)take your phone off the hook during school hours for the next 15 days. the world wont end if you dont answer, and if its important they'll find you after 3pm.

6)do anything thats a necessity that requires any amount of concentration---you wont be able to later.

7)if you have in real life friends, go hang out with them alone for a few of these days. make sure any that have kids leave them home. no point in dealing with other peoples kids, unless they want to take yours for oh, a month or so, to return the favor.

8)cancel all but the absolutely necessary appointments and reschedule for 16 days from now...with the exception of your gyno. no need to drag the brood there!

9) get back in bed at least 1 of these days and lay there all day--see #2, 3, 4. all are better in bed.

10)start a new countdown until sept X...the first day of school will come faster than you know!!

Wiped Out

Staff member
We have 21 days left. Of course, I am ready for the end-I need my summer break.

Confuzzled-I love your list!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
We've got 21 days & the countdown begins. Two weeks off & ktbug & wm head back to ESY.

Confuz has some great ideas for you.

JJJ

Sadly, my list contains too many MUST do's:

1. Exercise and diet (doctor has given me 6 months to get in better shape or else!).
2. Finish spring cleaning.
3. Get Kanga moved to her new Residential Treatment Center (RTC) (hopefully without having to find her runaway little butt)
4. Get summer homeschool work prepped for my younger three.
5. Normal life activities.

The good news is that husband got me another massage! This makes 4 months in a row!!!

I'm dreading the summer break this year!!! I think we both should follow Confuzzled suggestions, lol...!!! Well, got to go... difficult child 2 is calling me. Wish I could hide!!! SFR

jal

25 days left here. difficult child is pretty well booked. 1 week off, 3 weeks day camp, 3 weeks ESY (he's missing 2 weeks to be in camp), 1 week off and 2 more weeks of day camp. Where did the year go? Let alone April and most of May...

S

SallyForth

I'm new to the forum and appreciate the chance to share with everyone -
Our counselor instructed me to sign my difficult child (with ODD) up for as much as possible to do things with kids her age. So far, surfing camp while on vacation in San Diego. It's hard to find things that will catch her interest.

JJJ

I've done the sign them up for everything years. Thankfully, with Kanga at Residential Treatment Center (RTC), I don't have to do that anymore. I have a great plan for summer -- it's just getting ready in time!! Eeyore and Tigger have some ESY and all 3 are doing homeschool with me. Piglet is so close to grade level that I want to give her that push that finally gets her there before she starts junior high in the fall. Eeyore needs to be pre-taught the basics of his gen ed classes so he doesn't panic. And Tigger is really working hard on improving his reading. If he keeps up at this rate, I may be able to get him a whole grade level higher by the end of summer!

The end of the school year is always a disaster here in hundred acre woods - shockingly my autistic children don't deal well with change :rofl: