15 year old daughter now sexually active and I don't know how to handle this!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
At fifteen, she's a self-propelled ball of hormones and at the age where nature designed her to reproduce.

Add in that the guy probably makes her feel good about herself, and you're stuck.

Actually, you have NO control over when a child becomes sexually active, and there is nothing you can do as a parent.

All you can do is hope that the values you taught her stick, but that's a tough thing vs. all the other drives telling her otherwise.

At this time in the US, fifteen or so is the NORMAL time for a girl to have relations for the first time. Even 40 years ago, girls were having sex at that age. I know, because i was one of them, and it was not that uncommon within my peer group.

My advice is to get her into a GYN asap. Give the GYN a head up so s/he can have a talk with her about STDs, preventing pregnancy, etc, and get her on birth control. Make sure you get her on a form of BC that doesn't require responsibility on her part, such a the needle or the implant.

New Leaf

The start of this thread is really old, 2011-12, so this 15 year old is 20, I hope she is doing okay. Kids are sexually active at younger and younger ages.........good info here though..........
leafy