15 year olds shouldn't have funerals

JJJ

Piglet and I went to the funeral today. It was different than any funeral I had been to before (I am use to full Mass.) It was mostly testimonials from those closest to him. I near lost it when his 12 year old cousin got up and talked about how he was her inspiration and just kept sobbing "I miss you, I miss you" and then when a friend of his mom's spoke about how her face would light up every time she talked about him and how much she loved when he would call her at work just to tell her some random thing. He looked so young and angelic in the coffin. I looked around the room and saw all these children that we had known for so many years and realized that it could have been anyone of our kids, that fate is cruel.

His girlfriend looked devestated and her father looked so sad at his helplessness to make it all better for her. Piglet just gave her a hug.

(For those that missed the earlier post, one of Piglet's old teammates died of sudden cardiac arrest at 15 years old. He had worked outside all day, went home to take a rest before taking his girlfriend out to dinner with his first paycheck, and never woke up.)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
(((((hugs))))))) JJJ

Such a horrible horrible loss.

My prayers go up for his family and friends, for you and Piglet as well.

T

TeDo

You're right. This is so cruel. I will be holding him and his family as well as you and Piglet in my prayers. It's times like this that I'm glad I at least HAVE my difficult child's.....with all the trials and tribulations. I would be much worse off if they were taken from me at such a young age.

{{{{hugs}}}} to you and Piglet.

I have never been to the funeral of a young person and I hope I never have to go to one. This is such an awful situation.

Prayers for his family, his girlfriend, Piglet and the rest of his friends. So sad.

Wiped Out

Staff member
You are so right. I recently attended the funeral of my great nephew (he committed suicide in March) and years ago I had an 11 year old nephew pass away from Adrenal Leukodystrophy (sp?). Both incredibly sad.

I'm so sorry for the loss of Piglet's friend. Hugs to you both.

svengandhi

I am so sorry.

One of the saddest things I ever did was take my 2 oldest children, who were 13 and 14 at the time, to the funeral of a 14-year-old friend who died of CF - just days before she was to have had a lung transplant. It's years later and my heart still gets heavy thinking of her.

I hope that the boy's family and friends find solace in his life, though it was too short by many, many years.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I'm so sorry for those who have to face sudden death of their friend at such a young age. So sad. Hugs to you and yours, I will hold you and this young man's family and friends in my thoughts.

Sadly, our community sees the death of a young schoolmate nearly every year. It is the saddest thing ever. I can't go to the services anymore.

Horrible! To put it midly. I'm so sorry for all. My friend had a small child pass away, difficult child's age, a long time ago. It's still traumatic thinking about it. The kids need one another right now, to process and be together.

Star*

call 911........call 911
JJJ,

Just hugs for you and your family, and theirs......Their is just nothing that comforts anyone when you loose a child, except maybe time mixed with good memories, and possibly knowing that a post like yours to get your kids tested may have saved SEVERAL other lives.

P

PatriotsGirl

(((HUGS))) Years ago, I took difficult child to a funeral for a friend who hung himself at 16. It was so tragic. Definitely the saddest funeral I had ever been to. I broke down in tears even though I didn't know him. :(

nvts

I'm sorry...it sort of makes you feel a little stronger because we may have our hurdles, but they're not quite as bad as this...sigh...that poor family and the kids asking "why?" with no answer.
Beth