2 Happy things, 1 Not so much...

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am trying to find my inner happiness.:tongue::laugh:

As if it ever left.:faint:
Oh, the little things in life that really make me smile. Well this morning I woke up and was ABLE TO OPEN THE DOORS AND THE WINDOWS!!!
Do you realize how huge this is?
It has been since June. Granted it was only until 8 a.m. and then shut her up!
But I opened the house up at 6 a.m. and it felt so good. It was reaching the 80's by 8 am.
But the low 70's felt so good! It is only 105 right now but we may drop to the upper 90's this week. ;)

OK and then my other thing is- I just walked into my room and I saw a Road Runner just walking around my back yard.
I don't know why but when ever I see them in my yard they just make me smile! We have 2 that sneak around our yard. They are very shy and fast. So when you catch one in action it is pretty cool, they are a funny little bird!

My not so beautiful thing was last night I almost stepped on a SCORPION! Right in the kitchen... :surprise:
What was that thing doing in there? I had to catch it, gulp.
Luckily it was not the Bark Scorpion which is the most venomous in the states.
Yes I took it to the field over yonder and let it go. :sick:

At least I have 2 happy ones today.

A scorpion???? OMG, I would have run out of my house screaming- You caught it and took it somewhere???? OMG!

At least you had some fresh air for a few hours, and some nice weather.

I thought Road Runner's were from a cartoon and not real. That must have been cool seeing one in your yard. I'm smiling just thinking you had one in your yard.

DammitJanet

A Scorpion would have smoosh on my floor! No way I could have caught it and taken it somewhere...lol.

The other two things sounded fabulous though!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Yay for the roadrunners! They're out patrolling for snakes and whatnot :) So that's a very good thing!

Wiped Out

Staff member
The first two sound wonderful! The scorpion would make me want to spend at least one night in a hotel, heck knowing me, I'd want to move!

Star*

call 911........call 911
But where was they coyote? And the anvile? And the swinging rope, birdseed and signs? If there was a roadrunner there MUST have been a rocket!?

As far as the scorpion King goes? Did you tell him that his kingdom is sand and rocks NOT terazzo floors and cabinets? He may NOT rule in the kitchen and is not welcome back in the princess kingdom. Maybe he had a message from the evil Sassafras? (raises left eyebrow) I'd be on the lookout. lol At least you were a fair queen and returned him unharmed.

Glad to hear things are mellow and breezy today and low cool of 95 - I can so relate. :anxious:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
ACME where are you?

Aren't roadrunners the coolest birds? Used to see them all the time at my grandparents'. In fact they lived off Roadrunner Parkway.

Meep! Meep!

flutterby

Fly away!
I almost stepped on a scorpion in my second floor bedroom in Georgia. I was not impressed. It got squished.

It is the little things that keep us going, isn't it?