2 hours til neuropsychologist appointment.

ksm

I am hoping that the Dr. will be a good one... I don't take difficult child to this appointment. She will be reviewing the old records and talking to me, then order the tests she wants difficult child to have before she sees her. Praying for Dr to have insight and that I don't come across as "crazy gma" that my angelic looking teen isn't how to looks to the outside world. KSM

ksm

Well, difficult child is now scheduled for two 4 hour appointments for testing. This will take place in early June. With her struggles in schoo, I couldn't really see having her miss even more school and she has 3 D's (out of 5 classes) as it is now. But, the bad thing is, I won't get the results til early July, as the doctor is out the last half of June for vacation. Oh well, I have been waiting a few years already.

I thought the doctor was pretty thorough... and with the family history, she said the tests should look seriously at the possibility of bipolar and/or fetal alcohol spectrum disorder. I truly think this is FASD... everything I have read about FASD fits difficult child and her biomom to a T. And, they say that many FASD individuals are diagnosed as bipolar when the actually aren't. It is just that the symptoms of FASD is similar to bipolar. Hope we get answers. And I hope difficult child doesn't throw a fit. Those two appointment for testing will be long days - as we have to drive an hour to get to the appointment. Will try to throw a reward shopping trip if she tries hard and cooperates. KSM

DDD

After this long a wait.......a little longer is tolerable. My fervent hope is that you will have info and suggested guidelines or treatment options that you have not had to date. I REALLY am hoping this of deep benefit to your family. DDD