2 ingredient cake!!!! YUM!

I just made this and must share:

One box of cake mix- (I used Betty Crocker spice cake mix, you can use vanilla)
One 15oz can of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling, just pumpkin)

Mix those 2 together- do not add eggs or oil or anything

Bake at 350 for 35 minutes (you can follow the baking times on the box, depending on the size pan you use- just add 5 minutes to the total)

It's ready when an inserted knife comes out clean.

This is much healthier than using oil, eggs, etc.......and how easy is this???!!!!!

T

TeDo

Sounds wonderful! How does it taste? Sounds like something easy child would love. Can you use Libby's canned pumpkin if it doesn't say pie filling?

H

HaoZi

We use that recipe to make muffins, and it works well with any name brand cake mix flavor you don't mind mixing with pumpkin. :D Yes, we use the Libby's canned pumpkin.

You can also make a cake from a name brand (generic won't rise) angel food cake mix and a 20oz can of crushed pineapple.

Yes, I used Libby's. That was the easiest thing I had ever made, and my entire family loved it- even I ate it!!! I think I may try it next with a vanilla cake and add 2 tsp. of pumpkin pie seasoning. It was a little dense, but totally yummy, you can add 2 eggs if you want it fluffier. But that would make it 3 ingredients lol.

witzend

We have soooo much pumpkin in the cupboard from when Mandy had an upset tummy. We'll NEVER eat that much pie!

LittleDudesMom

I've been doing the pumpkin/spice cake recipe for years!!! Our local grocery store stopped carrying the spice cake mix and I was planning on making it for a dinner I was having a few weeks ago. I got a box of carrot cake instead - delish! As well as dong the angel food cake version with crushed pineapple, I've used cherries and also blueberries (don't use the can of high sugar pie filing fruit though).

Another good one is choc cake mix, can of cherries, 1/2 can of diet cherry cola.

Sharon

H

HaoZi

Oh, I love chocolate cherry, I'll have to try that! I do a pie with the cherry filling on the bottom and instant chocolate pudding on top (usually with an Oreo crust).

The chocolate cherry sounds yummy, I think I'll make that next.I just made the vanilla cake mix with pumpkin, I iced it with vanilla icing. This was very good, I'm making this for a Thanksgiving dessert.