2 murders right behind my house.

Jody

I was coming home last night about 10 minutes from my new apartment, when my difficult child called and was hysterical. Where are you mom, don't go home. There has been two murders behind your apartment. She didn't know what was going on. I didn't either but I drove past the apartment and police were everywhere along with the yellow tape, coroner and tv stations. Spectators everywhere. I went on home and figured it must be safe. Then a report comes on the news that, they believe that there is no need to worry that they believe it was a murder/suicide AND NO WEAPON WAS FOUND. What? How could that be???? Still don't really know what happened, but they are saying murder/suicide girlfriend and boyfriend living together. 28 and 30 years old. Sad.

I stopped and asked this guy if he knew what was going on, (man I had seen before in the neighborhood) he didn't know but he had the nerve to ask me to take him down to the store to get some beer. I flat out told him. No way are you getting in my car, you could be the murderer. He laughed, but he didn't get a ride. I was serious. He was carrying a work cooler, could have had anything in it.

It was noted on tv that my area was not a high crime area. it's a nice little neighborhood and mostly homes. I live in an apartment with 2 other apartments not a complex, but this is a large complex 5 building with 6 apartments in it, right behind where I sit with my dog Broady.

It's too bad, that these two young people could not just break away from each other and go have separate lives.

TerryJ2

That is so sad.
It does sound like a murder-suicide.
Still, good call on not giving the guy a beer run. Really, really bad sense of timing. Not to mention, I don't give people rides for things like that ...
I hope things are calmer this evening.

DDD

Was it your 11 year old who called? I sure hope she wasn't there for all the frightening events in the neighborhood. It seems that young suicides are getting far too frequest. So sad. Glad you all are safe. DDD

Jody

Yes, it was my little one, she wasn't near she heard it on the radio. I just don't understand how it could be a murder/suicide. They said no weapon found. Where could it have gone? That's what's bothering me. If one of them killed each other and then killed themselves, the gun would still be there. It is sad very sad. I feel for their family who is left behind.

H

HaoZi

Murder/suicide with no weapon? Poison, drugs, carbon monoxide, lots of ways that don't involve things like guns, knives, baseball bats.

How are you both holding up?

Jody

They said they were both shot. We are okay. Just a little worried that they really aren't saying what's going on. No more has been out there about it. Just no suspects/no motives and no weapons possible murder/suicide. Maybe the shot was just a rumor then.

TerryJ2

I automatically assumed drugs that they had already swallowed.
All you can do is wait.
Hugs for difficult child.

DammitJanet

Jody....cops can be incredibly stupid and this is coming from the mother of a cop who will tell you cops are mostly stupid.

While I was out today I had to go to the mall to pick up a ring. It was supposed to be done but it wasnt finished when I got there so I left to go get a sandwich. As I walked out of the mall, I saw a cop car out behind my car...then a few more arriving in the parking lot. A cop jumped out of one of the cars and took off running into a cemetery right across the street. A lady was standing on the sidewalk with me as we watched all this and I looked at her said...whats going on? She said...did you see anyone running by? I said no...I just walked out the door. She said well someone just robbed the bank and they ran through here. Well now!

This means this guy ran right by my car! My car is unlocked! Well I asked the cops if I could back out or if I would be tainting any evidence or anything and they looked at me like I had a third head...lol. Go ahead ma'am. So I left. I got my food and came back about an hour later. Cops still there.

Ok...this time I go in and get my ring. Come out to my car which I had parked in the same place. Handicapped parking place. Cop still in the same place. Same cop. I went over to him and said very nicely. You know...if you havent caught the guy if you just give me a description of what he looks like, I have more errands that I have to do over in that area for the next couple of hours.

His answer...Oh we have it all under control. Hmmmm. Ok. They have the dogs out. Obviously they havent caught him. They have seen me there the whole time this thing has gone on. Did they even consider the notion that maybe this dude is in my trunk or maybe I might know who he is? LOL!

H

HaoZi

Both shot there would be a weapon or else no suicide. I'd treat all that as rumor for now and wait for reliable information. They're not going to tell the press everything, might even tell them the wrong things intentionally, but the main thing is whether or not someone in the immediate area is still a potential threat.