20/20 psychotic illnesses in children is on right now

buddy

not sure they meant psychotic or psychiatric but right now showing a children with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)

somerset

I saw that. It brought up a lot of feelings. I wish they had made more of an issue out of how inadequately insurance covers mental health care for kids.

slsh

member since 1999
I caught the last hour of it. Sure did bring back memories, and I felt a little sick watching the sibs. No matter how hard we try, I guess they inevitably get caught up in the chaos.

Was a bit frustrated with- the doctor who stated what we lived for so many years - kids get admitted and do well in the structured environment but then get kicked back home where all hell breaks loose again - lather, rinse, repeat. There has got to be a better way to manage this, for the entire family.

Was educational for parents of pcs, but I found it really sorely lacked in offering much hope that a better way of managing this kind of severe mental illness is anywhere in the pipeline.

And I agree - aside from highlighting the difficulty in finding a bed, it really didn't show the ridiculous lack of sources of pmt for tx - wish they had said how the last family found funding for Residential Treatment Center (RTC).

lonelyroad

Watched that with my daughter, worried that it would be too intense for her, but she refused to change the channel...the only reference that had any fmiliarity is one of the girls was on serquel...

StressedM0mma

I tried to watch, but when I saw the girl on the sofa rocking crying "don't touch me" it was way way to similar to what difficult child says when she is panicy. And, it brought up way too much for me.