2009 - The World Recapped - What Do You Remember?

Star*

call 911........call 911
I was just sitting here thinking about things that made the news outside our little corner of the universe.

You know the "important" things like Octo-Mom, Kate & whats his name divorcing, The Airline pilot heroically landing on the Hudson, The little girl in Florida who's Mother is on trial for murdering her - Casey---and may get the death penalty. The other little girl in FL who is still missing - Haley who's 17 year old StepMother is suspect of foul play. Then there is the little girl whos Sunday school teacher stuffed her in a suitcase and threw her in a pond. You never hear the end about these horrible things. How about famous and good people who passed this year. Historical things happening. Ridiculous things, Sorrowful things, Happy and joyous things.

What story sticks out with you? Doesn't have to be long - just a blurb or two so we can revisit and remind ourselves that we're not alone. If we truly learn from our mistakes - maybe 2010 will be a good year for all of us.

flutterby

Fly away!
The HSUS helped pass 121 new state laws protecting animals from the worst kinds of abuse.

The first African-American President took office.

Going "green" is more popular than ever.

Michael Jackson, Brittney Murphy, David Caradine, Kay Yow, Ron Silver, Natasha Richardson, Bea Arthur, Farrah Fawcett, and Socks the Cat died in 2009.

And I, too, have just learned to write 2009 instead of 2008. :D

DammitJanet

I guess for me, 2009 brought with it the actual knowledge that NO, I wasnt really going to have twins but that YES, Trinity was going to have them for me!...LOL.

On a more global front, the passing of Farrah, MJ and (god my mind) the guy from Dirty Dancing.

Also I guess my mind left me even more this year since I cant think of names or subtract anymore.

Star*

call 911........call 911
(janet - Patrick Swayze) sp?

Loth - I am Sooooooo passing around this Jab - to ALL the political people I know for the governors part in that skit. O.M.G. was that brilliant. thanks. :tongue:

tawnya

Sadly, the passing of my dear mom earlier this summer. I still miss her sooo much.

But, I prefer to think that she is dirty dancing with Patrick Swayze in Heaven. LOL

Star*

call 911........call 911
Tawnya -

I have no doubts she's dancing! Hugs for you and smiles for your memories. Good to see you!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Um. Lots of kids born, lots of people died, some new guy in the White House. A jet landed safely on the Hudson, another one from France (I think?????) landed not-so-safely in the sea.

The second Twilight movie beat the snot out of the first one.

My life is way more clear than that. Had some problems, reconnected with my BFF, found some new and and re-found old friends.

A lot of new friends. I found this board in January!!!

My world is changed, rearranged, and is not so simple any more. How did the scriptwriters for Labyrinth put it? I have turned the world upside-down, and I have done it all for you. I am exhausted from living up to your expectations.

And so another year ends. MAY 2010 BE ALL THAT WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!

And bless everyone here. You all have kept me sane in an insane life.

BusynMember

Obama taking office as the first black President.

The deaths of Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, Patrick Swayze (spelled wrong?)

The loss of Teddy Kennedy

A year of extreme personal growth and empowerment for me

A nice year, all in all, for my family.

I will be writing 2009 until 2011 :faint: Then I'll finally get 2010, but it will be too late...