24 hour bug hit me hard...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I don't know if I caught what husband had a week ago, or if that was even the same thing easy child had the week before that... or if it was something I ate, but I went down for the count last night. :sick:

My stomach was okay most of today, but I felt achey and weak and just stayed in bed all day.

Ahhh, but on a positive note, the scale has shifted ever so slightly in the right direction! :tongue:

husband has promised to take the kids to a water park tomorrow. I'll wait until morning to decide if I'm up for it or not. I may just "let" him go without me... with the caveat that he keeps difficult child 2 close -- he's fairly stable, but he's still no easy child, Know what I mean??

flutterby

Fly away!
Yuck. Stomach bugs stink.

You might want to take it easy tomorrow. If you do too much too soon, you can have a relapse of it. I didn't know that until a bug that went around here (as in, the city) a couple years ago.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm feeling just zapped of energy today. Probably the little to no food intake over the last 36 hours doesn't help. I may just wave buh-bye to husband and the kids and let them go have their fun. It will save us my admission to the water park anyway!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I have my mask and gloves on while I am typing this...
But I hope you feel better soon.
Are they going?
We would have to go to a water park at around 5-6 am right now! LOL
It is 80 degrees by 7 am!!! We are breaking records.
I never realized we are hotter on average than Death Valley. Pretty "cool".
Gonna be 108 today... wouldn't want to be sick here!

Maybe you should milk it for a couple more days of rest! Sometimes it just isn't worth it though. SIGH

Star*

call 911........call 911
I've got my mask on too, and gloves, and Lysol (sssssppppptttt) and whatever it is I hope it stays in Cali - but leave YOU.

Sorry you aren't feeling well! Hope today is a restful and peaceful day - and maybe this is a blessing in disguise:laugh: day where husband goes to the park and finds a help wanted job right up his alley for manager or something and it all works out -

GET WELL SOON! Hugs to the chickeys!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thank you, ladies :D

husband has to give the kids a rain check on the water park today. He forgot about a workshop he was invited to from 11-1pm -- it's for "alumni" of his former employer. They try to meet twice a month and have guest speakers on everything from 401K info to job hunting tips.

difficult child 2 is going to be really disappointed (but he's still sleeping and it's nearly 11am). husband said he'll try to take them on Thursday since he's got an all-day job hunting workshop tomorrow and Friday as well.

I'm not doing anything strenuous today. Just going upstairs makes me shakey -- ugh. At least my stomach is fine. Sounds like a good paperwork day (sort, file, toss, shred... there's enough on my desk to keep me busy for weeks :tongue:) -- and a crack-the-whip-on-the-kids-to-get-chores-done day! :winks: