24 hour bug hit me hard...

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by gcvmom, Jul 27, 2009.

1. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

I don't know if I caught what husband had a week ago, or if that was even the same thing easy child had the week before that... or if it was something I ate, but I went down for the count last night. :sick:

My stomach was okay most of today, but I felt achey and weak and just stayed in bed all day.

Ahhh, but on a positive note, the scale has shifted ever so slightly in the right direction! :tongue:

husband has promised to take the kids to a water park tomorrow. I'll wait until morning to decide if I'm up for it or not. I may just "let" him go without me... with the caveat that he keeps difficult child 2 close -- he's fairly stable, but he's still no easy child, Know what I mean??

2. flutterby

flutterby Fly away!

Yuck. Stomach bugs stink.

You might want to take it easy tomorrow. If you do too much too soon, you can have a relapse of it. I didn't know that until a bug that went around here (as in, the city) a couple years ago.

3. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

I'm feeling just zapped of energy today. Probably the little to no food intake over the last 36 hours doesn't help. I may just wave buh-bye to husband and the kids and let them go have their fun. It will save us my admission to the water park anyway!

4. totoro

totoro Mom? What's a GFG?

I have my mask and gloves on while I am typing this...
    But I hope you feel better soon.
    Are they going?
    We would have to go to a water park at around 5-6 am right now! LOL
    It is 80 degrees by 7 am!!! We are breaking records.
    I never realized we are hotter on average than Death Valley. Pretty "cool".
    Gonna be 108 today... wouldn't want to be sick here!

Maybe you should milk it for a couple more days of rest! Sometimes it just isn't worth it though. SIGH

5. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

I've got my mask on too, and gloves, and Lysol (sssssppppptttt) and whatever it is I hope it stays in Cali - but leave YOU.

Sorry you aren't feeling well! Hope today is a restful and peaceful day - and maybe this is a blessing in disguise:laugh: day where husband goes to the park and finds a help wanted job right up his alley for manager or something and it all works out -

GET WELL SOON! Hugs to the chickeys!

6. maril

maril New Member

:sick: Sorry to hear you are sick. Hope it passes fast and you feel better soon.

7. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

Thank you, ladies :D

husband has to give the kids a rain check on the water park today. He forgot about a workshop he was invited to from 11-1pm -- it's for "alumni" of his former employer. They try to meet twice a month and have guest speakers on everything from 401K info to job hunting tips.

difficult child 2 is going to be really disappointed (but he's still sleeping and it's nearly 11am). husband said he'll try to take them on Thursday since he's got an all-day job hunting workshop tomorrow and Friday as well.

I'm not doing anything strenuous today. Just going upstairs makes me shakey -- ugh. At least my stomach is fine. Sounds like a good paperwork day (sort, file, toss, shred... there's enough on my desk to keep me busy for weeks :tongue:) -- and a crack-the-whip-on-the-kids-to-get-chores-done day! :winks: