3 hours and we STILL CANNOT LEAVE!!

susiestar

Roll With It
It has been THREE F'ing hours since they told us they would not do jack for us and NO ONE can find discharge orders. They cannot FIND anyone who can give them. I need someone to call a number to get an authorization number so that we can get reimbursed for the mileage. That number closes at 5. If we don't get the # we cannot get it tomorrow if we have gone home. It will mean we cannot be reimbursed for EITHER part of the trip, coming or going. They KNEW we needed this done - were told on monday, also told on yesterday MORNING when they first talked about discharge.

We waited TWO HOURS and NOBODY did anything about discharging us. NOBODY. So we asked. Got, OH, are you going home today?? We don't have those orders. I will try to find someone. Took them an HOUR to bother to PAGE the doctor's office to be told the nurse practitioner was in with patients and would call after she was done.

We have a FIVE HOUR DRIVE. I HAVE SEVERE CHRONIC PAIN ISSUES THAT HAVE NOT BEEN MADE BETTER BY WALKING 1/4 MILE TO GET FOOD, 1/8 MILE TO GET ICE, COFFEE, ETC.. I AM IN SEVERE PAIN.

I can drive us home, but I would rather get started before I have to drive into the sun, or drive it all after it gets dark. Seeing as I had 3 hours of sleep because Jess was crying out in pain all night (all in her head, don't you know?? doctor actually used that phrase the f'ing A**H***) I really do not want to drive all night.

NO ONE in this hospital relays any info to anyone else. Telling someone that you need something or have a problem is completely useless. Being here did get the EEG done, but the rest of the trip has been a total waste of time. At least the insurance will pay 100%. I would really begrudge every cent I had to pay if we had to pay any of this. They would likely have to send collection agents after me and still would not get much because I am so mad.

This is just the cherry on top of ridiculousness. They wanted me to give them EVERY medication she takes that I brought with me. One of the nurses wanted to go through my purse. I told her she needed a warrant and we were told to bring the names and dosages but they would not need us to bring her medications. Esp since Jess and I are on many of the same medications - different docs, same rx's. I did give them her bottle of midrin because it only had 1 capsule in it. The doctor here won't write a refill and is telling the doctor in OK that there is no sign of anything. I will likely get her primary doctor to write that refill. Tired of the neuro who yells at us. Sick of him actually, but if we have to see a neuro for her migraines we will go back to him. Only 2 other pediatrician neuro practices in OK and we have been there done that.

Anyway, this is just plain stupid. why, if the doctor is in a hurry to send us out of here, and he WAS - basically said to get our "****" (his word) and leave ASAP, why are there NO ORDERS so if we actually DO leave it will be AMA and insurance won't pay for any of this??

ARRRRGGGGGGHHHHH.

I am RARELY impolite to nurses, store staff, etc... But here I have been fairly short, and almost slammed the door to Jess's room as I announced to her that it would be 3 more hours because NO ONE would do ANYTHING here. by the way... it took them over an hour to bring Jess a cold pack. Total BS.

KTMom91

By now, I hope you've gotten the discharge orders and are safely headed home. Many, many hugs to both you and Jess.