3 years in Prison for Young difficult child...

pasajes4

Huge ((((( HUGS))))) to both you and daughter in law. TDCJ is nothing nice. I hope his time there will be spent in reflecting on why he is there.

southermama3

I really hope his time there gives him a chance to reflect and really see the bad decisions and learn and change. I will pray for your family.

Lots of love doll.

rejectedmom

LMS, I too wish he had chosen rehab. Maybe he will at least go to AA meetings while in prison which could help him for when he gets out. My son did this at first only because it would look good to the parole board but now seems to be buying into it. Hopefull the same will happen for your difficult child.

As for what you are feeling: If your depression persists please see your doctor again. I understand how low a person can get when their child is making poor choices and reaping the consequences of them. Not sure I would encourage the grandkids visiting their dad either if it is only going to be a few months seperation. Although I have read that when the families maintain close ties and visitation the inmates do better overall. That said I do not visit my son. It is a very invasive patdown and scrutiny to get in much more than at airports according to husband. husband has little that phases him but he hates it. He said it is very unplesant and I just won't subject myself to that. I write occasionally and take a call here and there.

lovemysons

Thanks for the sweet hugs and love you all...

Rejectedmom,
I am doing better at the moment. It's when I stop and really contemplate what young difficult child will see and experience in Prison that I begin to hurt in my heart. That hurt then begins to translate into looking back on young difficult child's WHOLE LIFE since birth. Wondering what we could have done differently etc.

Young difficult child was caught "huffing glade" in the woods beside our home when he was 13. I sent him (and his brother) to Rehab within a week. He spent over 4 months there and received medication as well as counceling.
Within a year he was hospitalised and dxd with Bipolar Disorder. He was placed on new medications. They made him hallucinate and be depressed and just plain out of it! I took him off the medications.
Young difficult child got suspended from reg school sent to alt school sent to jail school. Then we tried homeschool, Church homeschool organization, and charter school.
He and his brother double-teamed us regularly and we could barely keep up with the both of them.
Young difficult child went before judge at around age 15-16 and judge "guaranteed us" that if we sent him to this special TBS in Montanna it would "Save your child". So we did. Within a week, young difficult child was kicked out of their reg program and about to be sent to their more "punitive" program in Jamaica! No way was I letting this "school" send my son to another country to beat him to death, ya know! So husband, myself, and easy child drove to Montanna from Tx to pick up young difficult child.
Oh goodness from there...
husband bought a hot dog cart for young difficult child to work in Downtown. Young difficult child is not a hard worker. He would rather contemplate the "stars" lol, if you will.
Young difficult child DID get his GED.
Young difficult child got married and pregnant at age 18 and joined the Army.
He was kicked out of the Army within a yr and half...given a General Discharge under Honorable Conditions.
Young difficult child went "storm chasing" in Amarillo with his wife. He drank, took pills in the motel room. daughter in law called 911 and ambulance as well as police came to the motel. They took young difficult child to the hospital where young difficult child got angry because he was not being allowed to see his wife. The police were with him and I believe he was handcuffed to the bed...anyway, he spit at police. At that point, he went from being a "patient" to being an "inmate". He was taken to jail.
My mother and I drove to Amarillo the next day. Young difficult child got out of jail, was placed on probation for 4 yrs. From there he started Dr shopping and finding every ailment he could find wrong with his body (not his mind, sigh). First it was heart Dr.s and he now has a pacemaker. Then came back Dr.s and pain medications all the while. He was getting high on all the pain medications from these various doctors.
In more recent times, it has been Alcohol. But, when young difficult child drinks, it amplifies/escalates his emotions. He tends to hit things or break things...or just get plain suicidal and cut himself.

Young difficult child has not "liked" the Bipolar diagnosis for years and years now. Everytime in the past 3 or so years that he has been hospitalised for suicide attempt, he has simply told them he is depressed and anxious. Young difficult child witnessed my pysychotic breakdown 5 yrs ago (feb) and I believe that having mental illness scares him.

Now, young difficult child is in hard time prison...or will be in the next 1 to 4 weeks.
I can only pray that he will begin to see what alcohol and pain medications have done to him over the past several yrs. I pray that he will find "friends" in prison that might now something about how to care about him. He does not do the "crowd" thing well at all. He is a one-on-one kind of person. He is very emotional and sensitive. He is smart...but the emotions often get in the way.

Please keep him in your prayers.
Thank you all so very very much.
LMS