3rd graders plot to kill teacher!

mstang67chic

Going Green
I saw that. Ok let's see....when I was in third grade I would have been around 9. At that age, I didn't even dream of backtalking my teacher, let alone KILL them. Geesh.

Kinda makes you wonder if we'll be seeing some new faces in here.

DammitJanet

Goodness! I cant even imagine this. I mean I can see a bunch of 8 year olds thinking or saying what a meanie the teacher was and that they wished she would go away but where on earth do 8 year olds get handcuffs? I think they have been watching a bit too much CSI from the looks of their booty.

KTMom91

Way too many parents are oblivious to their little darlings and their school activities, both positive and negative ones. I wish I could say I'm surprised that there was a plot, but unfortunately, I'm more surprised that it doesn't happen more often.

everywoman

It is becoming more and more frightening being a school teacher. I am a tough old bird. After twenty-one years I didn't think anything could shake me---but this year---I am teaching freshmen for the first time in 18 years. And I can see the moral decay of society first hand. I have never had a class of children where so many are behavior problems. At my school, out of approximately 10000 students 250 are on an IEP plan. Most are for behaivoral rather than academic issues. They will look at an adult and tell you that they don't have to listen to you. I'm worried about this decade of kids much more than I worried about those in the 80's and 90's.

tryinghard

I read the article yesterday and was shocked\scared until I read this....(cut and pasted from the story) then I became very sad.

"The alleged target was a veteran educator who teaches third-grade students with a range of learning disabilities, including attention deficit disorder, delayed development and hyperactivity, friends and parents said. "

Then I realized that all it could have taken was one difficult child who got a crazy idea (maybe not realizing the consequences) and he\she talked to other difficult child's who follow along with the plot. If this was a classroom of non difficult child's would this have happened..I think probably not.

As most of us are painfully aware...difficult child's do and say things that shock us and make no sense. They sometimes do not live in the same reality the rest of society lives in.

It made me very sad for the teacher, for the difficult child's, for their parent, for their classmates....I could go on and on.

Now will other teachers have an even greater bias towards our difficult child's after they read this article and picked up on the the "type" of kids that were in her class???!!

With the increase in autism and adhd (obviously others diagnosis's are increasing but these are the two high profile ones) increases it is no wonder teachers are saying they are seeing more "negative" behaviors. Teaching is a TOUGH job and I am afraid is only going to get TOUGHER unless as a society we take research on these diagnosis's more seriously.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Geez...the best I could have come up with at 8 was putting a tack on the teacher's chair, and I wouldn't have even DARED to do that. My parent's would have pasted my booty with tacks after that.

Everywoman - there are two years in school someone should NEVER teach: 7th grade and 9th grade. I don't know what it is about those years, but kids should be in a holding pattern during those years. My school begged me to move to 7th grade for years. Nope. You could double my salary and I wouldn't even entertain the idea. By grade 8 they slowly come around to be human again...then comes high school. Freshman year is much the same, then they seem to slowly come out of it again. I applaud you.

Abbey

babybear

Everywoman - there are two years in school someone should NEVER teach: 7th grade and 9th grade. I don't know what it is about those years, but kids should be in a holding pattern during those years

My dad taught 7th to 9th grade Special Education. And He took the 9th graders on a week long canoing trip every summer. :surprise:

I wonder now if it was to escape a household with 7 women (4 of whom were teenagers) and one bathroom.