4 is too many

Fran

Former desparate mom
We got a visitor this evening. A little Jack Russell mix was wandering outside our fence. No tags but a collar. He is obviously in good health. Mr. Darcy thought he died and went to heaven. Another dog who loves to run and jump. They have been rough housing all evening. They are wet and muddy. It's really cute.
I just fed him and crated him. We notified the homeowners newsletter. Hopefully someone is looking for him.
Cowboy looks like he wants to take the bridge. He can't believe there is another dog in his castle. It's pretty funny.
I sure hope someone claims this little guy. More dogs than people is a bad arrangement.

everywoman

Sometimes, dogs and people just find and adopt us whether we are ready or not. I, myself, collect people. Although currently I have 3 dogs---my two girls, Prissy and Pinky, and PCson's dog came for 2 weeks, three years ago, and he's still here.

KTMom91

Buddy objects to all other things canine, so dogs don't move in with us. Cats, however, show up in groups. When the toy panthers showed up, I said no, then let Miss KT keep one, and here I am, with three. Plus the 4 big cats, who dislike the little ones. Meow.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
We've had so many foster dogs/pups over the years I just won't subject Molly (who mothers them all) to any more. She's too advanced in age now in my opinion to have to give up yet another of her "babies". I swear she grieves each and everytime one found their forever home.

Molly doens't, however, mother the cats. She likes them, but somehow it's just not the same unless their a kitten........ lol And we don't do kittens anymore either.

Betsy loves everything. And if it's willing to romp and play with her all the better. But the poor girl is stuck with two dogs in old age. Sometimes I feel sorry for her. Bruce the cat will play with her on occasion. (if we're not looking/around) But mostly he's decided Betsy's claw are a bit too big for his tastes and hides from her.

easy child has been showing me puppy pics of late. I've been doing my utter best to talk her out of it. Their schedules are still to hectic for a puppy, let alone a dog. While their cats don't mind it at all.

So now any strays we take in that are dogs are kept from the resident dogs and found homes as quickly as possible, otherwise I find a rescue group to take them. Usually they aren't here more than 48 hrs.

I hope you can find the little guys owners quickly. You might also check the pound, humane society, and maybe the local radio station to see if someone placed a lost ad on him. You can also place a Found ad in the newspaper.

Sounds like he's having a blast though. lol

Hugs

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Fran, you're becoming such a softie. ;) I hope this dogs owners show up soon. I agree; 4 is too many.

You're a good lady.

busywend

How cute they are playing so nice.
Wouldn't it be perfect if a neighbor claimed him then they could still play together soemtimes.

More dogs than people.....they really are much more friendly than people! LOL!

Fran

Former desparate mom
This little guy is cute. He is still quiet and not barking but appears to have worn Darcy out.
We are somewhat secluded so it's either a pup who was left here on purpose of abandonment or is from the neighborhood. Most dog owners around here are very responsible about tags and never leaving them unleashed out of their yards. I have a feeling someone figured he would be cared for if they just left him in the area. : ( Makes me pretty sad about humans being less civilized than an animal.

Softie? maybe more than I like to admit but I couldn't let the little guy get hit by a car or go hungry in the woods. Just not how I think. I had a safe bed and dog food. Little guy needed a safe place and food. Seems logical to me. (can you tell I'm a black and white thinker?)

Anyhow, if no one claims him soon, I'm taking him to the vet for yucky looking eyes. Sheesh. I think our vet is on speed dial. Then we will find him a new place to live. Hopefully a rescue will take him. So far, he isn't a problem except he needs neutered in a big way. Ugh!

Abbey

Spork Queen
What a sweetie, as well as you for taking him in. Knock on wood that doesn't happen to me...I couldn't say no.

Abbey

Lothlorien

I was just thinking about you, mustang, reading this. Fran has another adoptee on her hands. You'll have to post some pix. Ya know, Fran, it might be nice to have a dog that can actually sit on your lap!!

We have 2 dogs, 5 cats, a mouse and difficult child just bought a fish yesterday. I am saying no to the fish unless she is here ad taking care of it . :) Compassion The puppy was last month and the mouse in Jan. difficult child loves animals but is not good on the day to day responsibility.

N

Nomad

You are a softie!

We have recently adopted a "developmentally disabled" cat.

When she first arrived, she was near death. Apparently, she is unable to hunt and she shows signs of just not being able to figure things out typically. She was nearly starving. She lives in our backyard now...we feed her in the morning and pet her morning and night. She's adorable...much healthier and happier now.

N

Nomad

I wonder what you mean by "needing to be neutered in a big way?"

LOL!

yes, when the animals out number the humans...that's got to mean trouble!

:tongue::D;)

You are a kind soul.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Fran, in my house it's 2:1, dogs : people. It works out just fine. ;)

Suz

(just teasing. 4 is a lot!)

Fran

Former desparate mom
It's a bit of a circus around here.
I think I know where Shorty lives. The phone number is disconnected but left a message on the cell and a note on the door.
I cancelled the vet appointment since I am reasonable sure these folks own the little guy. I thought the vet could scan for a microchip.

I was hoping they would call back soon.

Mustang, Shorty looks a lot like the dog on the left in your avatar.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Fran,
You are way sweet! I know what it's like having several dogs because at times we dog sit for my niece. Four is a lot! I hope you hear from the owners.

Fran

Former desparate mom
So what do I do?
No one has called back. No one is at home. No one picked up mail. No one got the note I left on the front door. I'm going out of town Thursday morning. I'm starting to get a little annoyed.