4 weeks today...

PatriotsGirl

PG-
This was my Sweet Betsy. She lived on the streets, did every drug known to man, sold herself, was in and out of city jail several times. The last time she drank, she tore up her boyfriend's apt. and got 7 days in the county jail. When she was released, her first words to me were-"I will be sober from this day forward." She celebrated her 1 yr. sobriety on Mothers day. She also found out she was pregnant the day she was released from jail.

I just wanted to give you HOPE. I truly believed I would bury her. We now share a wonderful bond, and her sweet baby Tessa has the mommy she so deserves. She is responsible & grateful for everyone and everything in her life. I support her in all the ways I can, telling her everyday, how proud I am of her and how very much I love her.

Hang in there, I feel like you will be writing these words to another struggling mom some day. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Blessings!

Julie
:smile:

Thank you!!!! I needed to read that. I am praying hard that she feels the same way. I know she hates it there and doesn't want to go back so hopefully that is a good sign! Better than her saying, eh, this ain't so bad!!

PatriotsGirl

Another phone call tonight. She said that she is thinking of pleading guilty admittedly not knowing what that will mean. I offered to call the prosecuting attorney tomorrow to ask. She said she thinks they will give her family health court (isn't that what they have been offering??). So, I will call and find out but seems we are getting closer. Huge difference talking to her today. It's amazing the difference after 30 days sobriety. She told me to tell everyone she loved them and asked to talk to her brother. When I got the phone back, it sounded like she was crying.

I think she is breaking...

PatriotsGirl

Well, now, this is odd. difficult child was previously denied a public defender. Today she received a letter in the mail (I have permission to open her mail) from a public defender! The letter stated for her to call within 48 hours to make an appointment.

So, I forwarded the letter outlining difficult child's background that I sent to the courts previously to the public defender on her case. I told him about my conversation with her last night and that I thought we were reaching a breaking point. I told him what our goals are that she get help for both mental health issues and substance abuse. (Both are included with HELP court that difficult child mentioned last night.)

Looks like I wasn't finished just yet. I figure the more people I have on our side the better the chances for difficult child to get help!! :)

DammitJanet

I was going to say there was no way she shouldnt have qualified for a PD. She lives on her own with no income. Unfortunately eventually she has to pay them but its a very low fee compared to a real lawyer. I think Cory's PD cost him like 200 all total for several cases.

Oh...just wanted to tell you, since Mandy has headed to TX to be with Cory, I now have 2 cribs..lol.

PatriotsGirl

She calls daily now...I told her she can't keep doing that, but it is so nice talking to her lately. Man, sobriety makes a huge difference. She sounds so clear headed. She knows everything she has to get done when she gets out. I told her I would like her to go to treatment. That this family is getting very excited about Connor and will help and support her doing the right things...I still very, very much have my concerns about her STAYING sober once she is out...

DDD

Sending support your way.........AND.........understanding your fears. "Instant gratification" is darn hard to overcome but I sure am hoping and praying that your difficult child can do it. Hugs DDD

PatriotsGirl

Just talked to the solicitor's office and didn't get much info there. She is there on an arrest order so she cannot "bond" out or plead guilty. The woman I spoke to said they are still trying to figure out the options to get difficult child help. I just worry because it has been five weeks now and we have heard nothing. As much as I wanted to get my daughter help, I don't want her lost in the system, either....I told her that difficult child seemed open to HELP court instead of Family Treatment Court and she is going to relay that message. The only difference I could see with HELP court is that DFACS is not involved. But the solicitor said difficult child may have to take what she is offered. I agree...but no one has been there to offer anything...

PatriotsGirl

Well, that changed quickly....just received a call from the Court Solicitor's office and they are having a meeting to discuss options for Marina on Friday. They want me there. :)

So - I guess I should have more to update on Friday afternoon!

Mattsmom277

I hope its a productive meeting with results that will help keep her on track and keep her clean. I'm so glad the baby (and your daughter) are getting a break from the drugs. I hope this clarity of mind without them will give her time to truly understand how valuable she is and how she really can straighten this out for herself and for her baby. I'm going to keep the faith.