4yo in an 11yo body...

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I have to pull all of the shampoo, conditioner, body washes now... because the girls shower and bathe in our bathroom. We all share a room (long story, safety issue)
I got the, "We were making shampoo soup"... I kind of had to laugh! Despite being ******. Now I have to go in and pour it out and keep asking from the other room, are you washing? Are you using just a little?... blah blah blah! Annoying, very.

susiestar

Roll With It
Hey Janet,

Walmart has the Lavender baby wash for $1.47 or something like that. I buy it in bulk and it is the only thing anyone in my house uses for soap. thank you loves the smell and it does get his hair clean, so he will wash (a miracle!).

I do buy shampoo and conditioner that are the same and mix them together for thank you. Then I put them in pump hand soap bottles and he can use 2 pumps to get his hair clean. It keeps his head from hurting - he is terribly tender headed and just using shampoo makes his hair pull. Even when I wash it or husband does. He is just so sensitive.

thank heavens I have 1 kid who hasn't done the wierd mixing. Jess is pretty reasonable - I always think she is my reward, LOL!!!

trinityroyal

Sigh. Does this ever bring back memories.
For years we had to run difficult child's bath, issue him little plastic cups with the right amount of body wash, shampoo and conditioner, and manhandle him into the bath just to make sure he didn't smell like a wild boar AND use up all of the bath products.

As for the kitchen experiments, been there done that too. Never the root beer in the ice dispenser (sorry, but I just howled at the image of root beer ice cubes), but with eggs. difficult child had (still has) a thing for eggs. We would find eggs missing from the carton, and days later there would be a nasty smell coming from wherever difficult child had hidden and smashed them.

We practically had to sand blast them off the brickwork at the back of the house, where they'd been ground in to the mortar.

No, you're definitely not alone in this.

And what is it with the boys wanting to smell all pretty and flowery. difficult child LOVES the sweet floral bath stuff, even now.

trinityroyal

Oh...one benefit to all difficult child's messing around in the kitchen.

He is an excellent cook. All of that experimenting with food seems to have transmogrified in his brain somehow into an innate flair with food.

Silver lining...

B

butterflydreams

As for the kitchen experiments, been there done that too. Never the root beer in the ice dispenser (sorry, but I just howled at the image of root beer ice cubes), but with eggs. difficult child had (still has) a thing for eggs. We would find eggs missing from the carton, and days later there would be a nasty smell coming from wherever difficult child had hidden and smashed them.

Eggs! That reminds me when difficult child was little, probably 18 months or so, he would get into the fridge and take the eggs and hide behind a cabinet door and break the eggs on the floor one at a time! It got so bad, that I attached a rope to the fridge door and attached it to the wall next to the fridge so that he couldn't open it.

Andy

Cracking Eggs - remember when someone was suppose to have their difficult child light matches to get over that obsession? Well, this one is the same concept though way less dangerous and you get a meal to boot. Teach your difficult child how to properly crack an egg and then have omelets or french toast or scrambled egss atleast once a week with difficult child in charge of the eggs.

I wonder if the smell of pretty soaps reminds the difficult children of mom?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I hear ya on the egg obsession!

difficult child 2 tends to get overfocused on things anyway, but ever since we started getting eggs from Herbert, he's been wanting to cook and eat eggs. I do try to indulge him to a point -- letting him help make hardboiled eggs, scrambled, sunny side up, over easy, omelettes, french toast, whatever. He even concocted a quesadilla with scrambled eggs in his obsessive quest to consume eggs in whatever way he could manage. After a few days of this, I've had to redirect him to something else, which he initially resists.

Other times it's been tuna, cheese, and Flaming Hot Lays potato chips. The last food obession was Mac & Cheese crackers (they're new on the snack aisle). After going through his third box in two weeks, I informed him that was the end of snack foods for another few weeks (he's getting pudgy and his pants are too tight (length still fine) -- THANK YOU SEROQUEL)!

As for the foo-foo smells... difficult child 2 has always been drawn to strong smells and strong tastes. I think it has something to do with seeking sensory input...