504 back to IEP?

anmari75

MaMa2_3Munkeyz
My son was on a IEP since he was in preschool, first for speech problems and then for non specified learning disabilities. well this year he is in 6th grade (redid K supposed to be in 7th) and they said he does not qualify for an IEP anymore cause his IQ is just low so there isnt as big of a discrepancy as there used to be.

I finally got his counselor to set him up with a neuropsychologist exam after talking to me like i didnt know what i was talking about when i requested this...(which of course i have to wait for them to call and actually set the date) but at least it is planned.

my question is if the tests show that there is a low IQ or anything else (what exactly does this test show???)
Can he be put back on a IEP? I am worried about him going to junior high next year cause he gets so frustrated with the work he does now and he is still way below grade level he is just gonna fall deeper and deeper through the cracks.

Any information is appreciated!
Thank You.

Sheila

I pushed up a former thread of your's in case you didn't get back to read it.

Unless you send a letter via certified mail to the school district asking for the evaluation, this may not get done this year. The school district has 60 days to complete the evaluation from the date of request. The Certified Mail starts the clock ticking.

If you need a sample letter, there's a "Sample letter" thread in the Sp Ed Archives.