@*%%&$&$@%*!!!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by TerryJ2, Feb 19, 2015.

1. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Just broke off the filling on the tooth on the other side of my mouth.
    It's got to be stress.

2. InsaneCdn

InsaneCdn Well-Known Member

Yup.

I had 4 crack within about 14 months.
    Starting cap #4 next Tues.

3. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

Oh my! I'm amazed at the similarities we've had recently. I badly chipped a tooth on one side and broke a crown on another recently. I found a super duper well respected conservative dentist to fix both. Deep breaths. Important that you trust your doctor. One, was re-crowned and the other was sort of molded back (forgot the term). He did a great job. I found a dentist recommended to me by a retired chair side assistant. She tells me he is the best one in my state. This is priority number ONE!

4. pasajes4

pasajes4 Well-Known Member

I broke 3 from grinding them in my sleep dude to stress.

5. runawaybunny

runawaybunny Administrator Staff Member

When I'm under stress I also grind my teeth when I sleep. I've been told that it sounds like I'm chewing rocks.

A while back I went out of town and forgot to pack my mouthguard. Figured it wasn't a big deal to sleep without it for one night. Woke up the next morning with my front tooth broken in half.

6. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

Bonded! One was bonded...the other re crowned ...but still have the temporary on at the moment. I asked for a TON of that numbing agent...not the shot, just the swab. So nerve racking. Picture it all finished!!!!

7. Tanya M

Tanya M Living with an attitude of gratitude Staff Member

I'm starting to wonder if you're chewing on rocks!!;)

I'm so sorry you are having such a bad time with your teeth.

8. dstc_99

dstc_99 Well-Known Member

Are you in your mid thirties? My teeth went to pot at 35. The dentist said they see a lot of people have problems around that age.

9. TerryJ2

Thank you all! Wow, I guess it IS stress! We're all in the same boat.

Bless you, dear dstc. I'm 57. :)

I found a dentist who was open today (so many things have been closed due to the weather)--my old dentist. I quit after 25 yrs because they (or we?) changed insurance. It was hard to leave. Today for exam, xray and filling it was $169. I was pleasantly surprised. I thought it would be a lot more. Their prices really went up. I asked for before-and-after pictures. They are so cool! The crack was amazing. No wonder it felt awful. Not too painful, just jagged.
    No needles or anesthesia, just a quick numbing agent on the tooth itself. The wonders of modern science. :)
    Unfortunately, there is a big crack in the bottom of the tooth and I will either need a crown or to have the tooth pulled. This will get me through the weekend.

Monday, it's to the surgeon to pull the tooth on the other side.

I can't wear my mouth night guard because with all the work being done, it doesn't fit any more. I had two but the new puppy ate one.

10. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

I prescribe a week on a cruise to help relieve stress! Now if only I had the money we could both go!:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. 2much2recover

2much2recover Well-Known Member

UGH..............which is worse the dental work , or the dental BILLS! husband is having work right now and let me say it again ugh! And that's to the $$$ part. We had been going to the same dentist for a long time who just didn't care only to find out (well husband went first) that the dentist has been neglecting our teeth for years. Did I say UGH. I hate to know what mine is going to cost on top of husband's!!! husband told me the dentist is pregnant - well I hope she enjoys the new nursery we are paying for! :rolleyes:

12. TerryJ2

Saw my regular MD today for a checkup.
    Told him I sometimes have a hard time breathing, getting air inside.
    He said it's stress. Recommended yoga. And Xanax.
    Teeth, breathing ... yeah, stress can kill you.

Thank you all for being here.

13. InsaneCdn

Hugs.
    and more Hugs.

14. 2much2recover

2much2recover Well-Known Member

And even more hugs, hoping you find the extra money - and at least now you have an honest excuse why you can't give any money away :doctor:

15. runawaybunny

runawaybunny Administrator Staff Member

I take ashwagandha and it really has helped me with my anxiety issues. If you decide to try it start with the lowest dose because it doesn't work well for everyone. My doctor has never heard of it and suggested it was probably just a placebo effect. Placebo or not it still seems to work for me. I posted a thread about it here: http://www.conductdisorders.com/com...ent-ashwagandha-aka-withania-somnifera.56745/

16. dstc_99

Have the surgeon pull both teeth. If it's a bad crack then it will most likely crack all the way eventually and then you will have to have it pulled anyway.

17. InsaneCdn

Not all cracked teeth require being pulled. Many can be capped (as most of my cracked ones have been)

18. dstc_99

IC your right. Unfortunately with a bad crack I would let the surgeon decide. I had one I spent hundreds on and had two root canals done. Still I had pain so they suggested a different treatment. That was hundreds too. Finally I had it pulled and got an implant.

19. InsaneCdn

You can actually afford an implant?! I'm impressed!
    I'm doing everything I can to avoid that, because there is no way to pay for it.

20. TerryJ2

I am going to show him and will ask him what he thinks. I have photos. :) And he can get copies of the xrays.
    Although I would like an implant if it has to be pulled, and I don't know if I can afford both at once.
    It would be nice to get both over with, though.

In the meantime, I'm planning 2 or 3 trips up north and it's going to be expensive. I may visit my little sister, who just had a lumpectomy--but no cancer! Yay! And in July, I'm going to hear Temple Grandin speak. And then in Sept. my niece is getting married.
    Maybe I should just move back to Minn.?

My credit card was breached. Again. $1.89 charge for NY Vacuum. Testing. Glad the credit card company caught it.

And I've been sent to collections over Cousin P's back rent at assisted living. $8,500. I took the contract and collections letter to our atty and he noticed that I'd signed the most recent contract with-my name, but forgot POA or Guardian. :eek:!!!! :cry:I am madly digging for the original, or anything that has POA written on it.
    I'm terrified that they'll somehow finagle a way to lock onto our personal earnings. husband is already mad at me for bringing Cousin P down here from NY 5 yrs ago.

Still grinding those teeth ... :( :dead: