6 lesions......

Marguerite

Lesions, even six of them, do not necessarily a diagnosis of MS make. Just a word of caution, Jen. When you are so anxious for some sort of concrete information it is easy to grab onto the first twig floating past, only to find out later it is not going to support you.

Sounds like you really lucked out on the MRI - in Australia we have one of the best health systems in the world, and I've had to wait weeks to get my MRI results. Other times, I've had the results within a few days, but in my experience the faster the results, the less reliable. Sadly. So be wary, is all I'm saying. There's some shonky stuff out there and this doesn't sound right to me, in lots of little ways. I would hate to see you taken advantage of... and there's only a few pics? That doesn't sound like any MRI I know. I'm wondering who these guys are, I would be VERY cautious. The MRI may have been fast and free, but it may just be an elaborate con job.

What should have already been done, is VERs and EMG. Every so often my neuro puts me through the paces and wires me into his various contraptions. A positive VER is common in MS. Not 100% overlap, but it is so commonly found (and a lot cheaper than MRI to administer) that they often run these as a screen.

Some people find the EMG a bit challenging. I don't know why, it doesn't bother me. I prefer EMG to mammogram any day! But then, post-cancer, mammograms hurt a helluva lot more!

Marg

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I am pretty sure There are over 400 images just from the mri's and a ct i had done the day of my accident on my cd. I am supposed to keep them because for whatever reason the break in my vertebrae will always look 'broke' even tho it is healed.
But 400+ to 8 seems quite the difference!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I am pretty sure There are over 400 images just from the mri's and a ct i had done the day of my accident on my cd. I am supposed to keep them because for whatever reason the break in my vertebrae will always look 'broke' even tho it is healed.
But 400+ to 8 seems quite the difference!

Hmmm....

I have no idea how many images were on my son's CD. It didn't even occur to me to put the file in the computer and look....I assumed we'd need some kind of special software.

Are the images just saved as regular jpegs?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Mine are not, but a "lite" version of the required software is also on the cd so I can view them. But I can save them as jpeg's as an option in the software.

I have almost 700 images on my cd, what isn't the mri's and ct are all the xrays they've taken. I think I have 1 xray for every staff member I saw. Or something. There's a TON.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Just sayin'...I've gotten my appointment for an MRI and the results all in one day! It does happen in some areas. I know it sounds hard to believe, but it really does happen. I'm sure the concern of the doctors is what gives the big push in this scenario. I know for me, that's what it was. My DR called the imaging center and put great pressure to get me in that day. And it was at 4:45 PM, I was the last one of the day, they squeezed me in and my Dr called me that night, and it was a Friday. Soooo, just saying, it can happen!

TerryJ2

Well, Jena, you have your plate full! Let us know what happens with-the next appointment and the medications. Fingers crossed.