6 more weeks !!!)

Skylark Matrix

In six weeks my odd adhd difficult child leaves home to start (and hopefully complete) one year of community college. Am I wrong to be happy inside and looking foward to this? Should I plan a big celebration????
I am so tired of the temper tantrums, obstinate attitude and general stupidity, and I know that because of her short comings that being at home is the best for her. Am I selfish to think of myself?
Thankfully I have a much easier time than many of you others on this site - she does not steal, she does not do drugs, many of you have such larger burdens.
It came to me yesterday that if anyone else treated me the way she does there just would not be a relationship, so why do I put up with it and why do I feel so guilty about wanting it to end?
Hope you all can find some small joy and happiness today.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Am I wrong to be happy inside and looking foward to this?</div></div>

Heck no. I had a countdown from Rob's 16th birthday to the day he was going to turn 18. Many of us do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Should I plan a big celebration????[/ </div></div>

As a send-off or after she's gone? :rofl:

Suz

Kathy813

Staff member
When my difficult child was in her terrible teens she used to accuse me of "smothering her" and would say that I wouldn't be able to let her leave and grow up. I assured her that it would not be a problem.

:rofl:

The funny thing is that she seemed hurt when she did leave and realized that I had no problem with it at all.

I'll help you celebrate. :smile:

~Kathy

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm still doing my countdown. If I didn't I think I'd probably be sitting in a corner pulling out my hair.

So? When is the party?? :rofl: :smile: