$600 cat

crazymama30

easy child's cat has been gone for 3 days. She found him under our camp trailer. He has puncture wounds on his back legs, an abscess on his front, an infection, sore muscles and all. I had to take him to the emergency vet, and the total will be about $600. I am borrowing the mother (aka angel) and will work extra shifts around father's day to pay her back, and cancel our camping trip that was planned for then.

What next??? This is the same cat that ran away after we moved and we had to buy a live trap to catch him. Took 2 months. ARGH!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh, my! Glad you found him. Poor baby.

Our outside cat Willie only comes home when he's hurt, unless it's warm weather and he senses we're outside. I swear NASA ought to use him as radar. lol

Inside cat Bruce has been getting brave of late and slipping out the front door when no one is looking. He wants to catch birds and play with the bugs in the grass. Evidently, the trauma of having been a stray just last fall has faded in his memory.

Fortunately for us, Bruce never fails to come when called.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Awww, I'm sorry about your kitty!

I thought maybe this thread was like my $60 chicken... Herbert. ;)

crazymama30

Actually, the bill was less, he is only a $500 cat. Poor guy. He's got a drain haning out of his front leg and one of those huge collars on so he does not chew on himself. He gets antibiotics and pain medications, and I forced some chicken broth down him this morning with a syringe (not much, maybe 1/2 a tsp) as he does not want to drink or eat or move. Poor cat. I am so glad she found him, or else he would be gone.