6yo boy gets a hankering for Applebees

Boy, 6, Tries to Drive to Applebees
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> BROOMFIELD, Colo. - A 6-year-old boy was hungry and decided he'd go to Applebees. So he grabbed the car keys, took his booster seat from the back seat of his grandmother's car and placed it in the driver's seat, then made a go of driving himself to the restaurant Tuesday.

He made it about 75 feet. Unable to take the car out of reverse, he crossed the street and ran into a transformer and communication box, knocking out electricity and phone service to dozens of townhomes.

Nobody was injured and the boy, whose name was not released, got out of his car and told his grandmother what happened...
</div></div>

DammitJanet

Ohhh how funny!

At least he got his booster seat! Why do I get a feeling we will be hearing from his mom or grandma soon? LMAO

gottaloveem

:smile:

I thought this was the cutest story. Janet brought up the fact that he grabbed his car seat, how cute is that??? :nonono:

Thank goodness nobody was hurt. :whew:

He did knock off electricity and cable for the block :surprise:

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Yeah, my son tried to drive our car at age three, luckily we had a stick shift, so he couldn't get it started....it just lunged forward in our garage and took out our lawnmower......Yeah, after that the keys were locked up or I wore them around my neck....great jewelry.............

To be truthful, if I knew for a fact that Tyler Florence was going to be there, I would crawl through glass shards to get to Applebees.

And ask him if I can eat one of his "Signature Salads" off of his stomach.

:spaghetti:

Marguerite

Back when difficult child 1 was about 4, I'd left our manual van parked (handbrake on as well) at a business where I was getting some laser-printing done. difficult child 1 got out of his seat and into the driver's seat. He wanted the radio on and tried to turn the key just to "acc" but turned it too far, started the car enough to kangaroo it forward into a stone wall a foot in front.
I was just indoors only a couple of yards away, I was out there so fast... the kids were OK, the car was scratched, the wall had a few stones out of place but otherwise OK.

husband got the handbrake fixed ASAP. But although I was really angry with the kid, I was privately impressed that at such a young age he knew how to get the radio on in the car.

Marg