7 Year Old Girls Performing Beyonce's Single Ladies?

Abbey

Spork Queen
Won't post my full opinion (lucky you!!) but I think Marg hit the nail on the head. They ARE talented dancers. They most likely have NO clue as to how sexual their dance is. They're just dancing and having a great time. I'm not saying it's right or wrong. I just think it's a bunch of girls that found a cool dance to remake.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well.......I talked to some GRANDMA aged women about it today. Mostly about the costumes since everyone already has said in unison that the dance mooves were too hoochie coochie for seven and wee agree on that.

Women in their 70's said that if the dance moves had been non-sexual in their representation - without the grinding, and gyrating...and humping (their words not mine) the costumes would NOT have been a problem to them. They would have been like little belly dancer costumes. However - you put those costumes with all the hoochie-coochie moves.....and voila - instant no no.

So Now the question goes back to
1.) DID they get what they wanted? ATTENTION DRAWN to themselves? yes.
2.) Was it negative attention? YES.
3.) If they come out now with ADORABLE COSTUMES and slow it down a bit - and do age appropriate things - would you let them be on DISNEY?
4.) If they were on DISNEY and doing age appropriate things with ADORABLE, DECENT costumes - would YOUR little girl be able to watch them?

HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?????

Think about THAT marketing strategy -
Because EVERY SINGLE MOTHER IN AMERICA wil think that THEIR adverse opionion of the first 2 dances and costumes CHANGED these girls BUT...........they STILL get showcased on NATIONAL TV......and ..........are stars......

THEN WHAT?????

WOULD YOU LET YOUR DAUGHTERS DO THEIR CUTE DANCES AND BUY THEIR CUTE OUTFITS????

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
You think this is all a means to an end????

That's even more twisted than just dancing for dancing's sake....ugh.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I have not seen the video, nor do I wish to.

In the 70s and early 80s... There are pictures taken of me in a cute spaghetti-strap tank/short-shorts combination... With Strawberry Shortcake on them. There's nothing, nothing, nothing sexual about them at all. I was about age 7-8.

I have pictures of Onyxx, age 8 and 9, where we would pick her up from BM's dressed HORRIBLY INAPPROPRIATELY. Skintight, super-low-rise jeans. SHORT shorts (that made my Strawberry Shortcake shorts look LONG). T-shirts cut up to and down to there. And then... she started showing up wearing Victoria's Secret underwear. AGE 9. PUSH UP BRAS - with nothing to push. (Several of her teachers at the time complained about her violating the dress code - but we could do NOTHING.)

She wore this stuff SO LONG that she claims it's "comfortable", and runs around in shirts that show off more than my bikini. TO SCHOOL. I cannot IMAGINE how jeans that crawl up into her crotch are comfortable. We've gone through her stuff and thrown away a TON of unacceptable clothes - somehow she gets more. I gave up.

This is the same girl that I caught, at age THIRTEEN, on top of her boyfriend, having sex. Clearly she was taught that this was the way to get what she wants. She also made my friend E very uncomfortable because of the way she would hug him - full body, rubbing. He didn't say anything at first - he didn't want to upset me. ME. It creeped me OUT. I finally talked to H (E's wife), and she and I decided to be "the bad guys". Onyxx was banned from hugging E. He was so relieved it wasn't even funny. (Age 12... Onyxx would sit on BM's boyfriend's lap and squirm around - in public. She wasn't allowed to so much as HUG her own father (husband). Boyfriend is the guy that was molesting her.)

I would be willing to say these kids are probably very talented. But - SHAME on the teacher for the choreography. SHAME on the parents for allowing it. The description of the costumes makes me want to vomit.

Several years ago a columnist came up with a word - "prostitots". This is what the parents are allowing to happen. The forced adultification of children.

LET them be kids. I swear.

GRRRRRRRR.

donna723

The subject matter may still be relevant but this is another very old thread that has somehow been brought to life again. The original thread was posted over a year ago.