8 Days to go!

IKeepPraying

Anything is possible. Pot is the gateway drug. You start there and then other drugs look enticing. Back in my day, there was no "X"; and meth was not as widespread. I can't say for sure, but it is likely that he is doing more than just pot.

In any event...whether it is the most hardcore drug there is, or just alcohol...he has a problem. And you need to get yourself help for that. Please do so.

Well, I spoke with someone who pretty much confirmed that he is doing heavier stuff than pot..just didnt say what....oh and just discovered my digital camera is gone now too..

Alright. Now you need to turn him in.

It will be difficult for you to do, but remember how we said that he won't get help until he hits bottom? Well turning him in may just bring that bottom closer to him, sooner.

He's not going to spend 10 years in the pen for it. But hopefully he'll get scared straight. You'll be doing him a favor.

IKeepPraying

Alright. Now you need to turn him in.

It will be difficult for you to do, but remember how we said that he won't get help until he hits bottom? Well turning him in may just bring that bottom closer to him, sooner.

He's not going to spend 10 years in the pen for it. But hopefully he'll get scared straight. You'll be doing him a favor.

I was thinking about it but I think I am going to wait until probabtion calls me and let them know everything that he has done and push them to get him help. I already had him arrested last month. The police will just probably do an incident report on it and thats it. Without proof that he did in fact take it, I know they will pretty much do nothing about it. With the many contacts I have had with them I pretty much know what to expect from them....When I had him arrested last month for the pot that was on him, I had to practically beg them to arrest him, the cop was trying to talk me out of it, saying "its just going to create a headache for you"..even when they saw the pot right there in front of them and he admitted it was his. Even then, they did a citizens arrest. Maybe I will call anyway to see which is the best way to go. Thanks

susiestar

Roll With It
I am always amazed when the police try to talk you OUT of pressing charges. I actually was in court before I learned the officer did NOT fill out the paperwork that I was pressing assault charges - the judge had to force him to fill out the papers!!! It was amazing. We couldn't get help because he had no charges against him, but when we demanded to file charges (as is our right under the law) the officer just wouldn't!!! I called the sheriff (who I know, as a friend of my dad's) and complained about this. They say so many parents back out it just makes the headache bigger for them if they fill paperwork out before it goes to court. I was amazed! No wonder parents don't file, your officers tell us NOT to! The sheriff was not happy to hear that!

Anyway, keep filing charges, you KNOW it is the right thing to do.

It really does sound like meth use, one of the things they tell us to watch for is all over acne that is NOT the usual for our child.

I agree with BBK, go to al-anon. It will change your life, make it so much better. It will give you all kinds of support to do what is right, to move on with your life, and to give your attn to the younger kids who NEED it.

They are at risk for addiction because the older bro is using - want to believe older bro when he says it is no big thing. He will try to get them addicted to prove he is right about drug use being no big deal. My own bro tried this with me - to the point of holding me down pouring beer into my mouth. Only stopped when I barfed on him.

Take care of your younger kids, let 18 fend for himself. Warn cousin, then stay OUT of it.

hugs,

Susie

Star*

call 911........call 911
Gheez - move to SC - you don't have to beg a cop to take a kid to jail - they live for it.

You need to change the locks on your doors, rearrange your furniture - let your neighbors know your son isn't welcome at your house and if they see him call the police - and put your valuables at a friends house until he is gone.

Stealing once from your Mom - a bad judgement call. Stealing more than once? Feeding a behavior/habit.

I would at the least call the police to your house and make an incident report of the thefts. You know who took the items - and so will they. But at least if it comes up again and again - you will have a paper trail to protect yourself. Whether they take him to jail or not isn't the point. But I WOULD call the cops while your son and husband is there - and provide them with the information you have.

Hugs
Star

I'd also lock him out of my computer -

I agree with Star. I also live in SC and the police do live to arrest. We have had our son arrested before also. Sometimes I thought it would save his life and give himi another chance to just be behind bars when he wouldnt get help anywhere else. I know it is hard. Keep posting.

IKeepPraying

I called one of his friends that is pretty responsible and he told me that my son is headed down the wrong path-which I already know of course. I am trying to see if some of his friends are willing to help me with an intervention. Maybe he will listen to his friends. I am going to call him back today. I'll let you know if anything comes out of it.