80's flashback

mstang67chic

Going Green
The ultimate 80's rock concert tour is underway later this year and I had to share! Like OMG! I have to go!!! It's Def Leppard and Billy Idol!!!!!! :irock: :musicdance:

Here's the link to the schedule (and not all of the dates are with Billy...some are with Styx):

http://www.defleppard.com/

mstang67chic

Going Green
Pbbbbbbbbbbbttttttttttttt!!!!!!

And going by your signature, you're only 2 years behind me! :sheepish:

As for going too.....do you want to bring the banana clips and Aquanet or the purple eyeliner?

Lothlorien

I LOVE 80'S STUFF!!!!

Stang.....not Aqua net.....STIFF STUFF!!!

I'm from NJ....I KNOW how to get your hair to stand up....k? Stiff stuff and a hair dryer!

I gotta find a picture of me with the big hair.

susiestar

Roll With It
I hope you really enjoy the concert, wish we could go.

I was in Hot Topic with Jessie today and had my own 80's flashback.

Fingerless gloves, legwarmers, all sorts of other stuff. It truly all does come back around again, doesn't it?

Jess was AMAZED that I wore fingerless gloves!!! She thinks I MUST have been really "cool". ROFLMBO!!! I was a total good girl geek!! Never had a COOL day in my life! But my 12yo thinks I was, so maybe there really IS hope for me.

Susie

4sumrzn

HA!!! Thanks so much for the laugh...that would be the "flashback" laugh! Hmmmm.....sounds like fun! So, that's how I got those wings above my ears with my hair!?...Aquanet & Stiff Stuff...makes sense. I have pictures too. Not quite sure I want to break 'em out though. Too funny.

Lothlorien

I never did the fingerless gloves....BUT....I did wear the wrestling-type boots. Wore Banana clips and spiked the front. My dad said I looked like a Rooster! White fedora hat with a red sash.

Remember the clothes with the Chines writing on it? Yep, had some of those too. Chinese people were probably laughing at me, because it probably said I was a dork or something derogatory.

Lets see....what else? How about those shoulder pads???? Color blocked dresses? I have a few pictures of me looking like I stole a dress from Bridgette Neilson.

When I didn't look like that, I had ripped jeans and a bandana around my leg and wrist.

Lothlorien

Fogot to mention....the picture....Stang....oh definitely 80's!!!

The office manager from my office is the same age as me, but she got married when she was 18. She has her wedding picture in her office and I crack on her all the time. She had the typical 80's Super-shoulder-Puff bridal dress on with the big hair and the pearl veil thingy AND the big butt bow! It's so funny.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Fogot to mention....the picture....Stang....oh definitely 80's!!!

LOL Actually in the 80's it was a bit shorter and there was more curl. I would use the vent brush on the sides above my ears, brush the hair back some, spray and set with the blow dryer. Then of course, do a bit of teasing and more spraying.

If I go to the concert, I'm thinking of doing the 80's do!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Can you get the bangs any higher!!! I LOVE IT!
And I have seen Billy Idol... I think at least 5 times! San Francisco, Berkeley, Mountain View, Oakland... San Fran again and again!!!
Def Leppard once!!! High and Dry...
So sad. I was the, what was that gross stuff in the pump bottle that was bright pink or blue... some kind of nuclear gel??? Dippity Do? High, shaved, dyed... all of it. I even still have a Rebel Yell album with Billy Idol's Autograph on it!!! THE ALBUM...
I had his Gen X stuff... Oh I loved him...
I guess I am still kind of a dork that way?

crazymama30

I love def leppard. You are so lucky. All their west coast concerts are done. I once caught my hair on fire in chemistry in high school because I had so much hairspray in it. I stunk all day.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sigh

I loved my 80's do. I've yet to find another hairstyle that I think looks really good on me. lol

I always get a good chuckle when my kids discover we like the same bands and that they've been around "forever". lmao

I'm jealous. So you have a great time for me too, okay?

Hugs

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
You're right, 'Stang, I'm not far behind ya! I just try not to advertise! lol

Since it looks like the aqua net is covered, I'll dig out the purple and ELECTRIC BLUE liner...(I still have electric blue...with mascara to match)

I need some help with my hair, tho, I have NEVER succeeded at REALLY BIG hair. It made me so mad when I was in high school...now that my kids routinely dig up ugly pictures of me, I'm fairly happy about that fact...lol

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Remeber them? I still have TWO PAIR!!!

They're in the kids box of dress-up clothes, but still...they're there...

4sumrzn

Remeber them? I still have TWO PAIR!!!

They're in the kids box of dress-up clothes, but still...they're there...

OMG....you do???? That's too funny! I think I had every color, even purple ones! I know everything else comes back into style.....can't imagine that being one of them though :confused:

Abbey

Spork Queen
My mind has forcebly blocked out the 80's. Sorry...not a fan of that music genre nor the clothing. I cringe when people ask me to play those songs.

Styx, on the other hand is my favorite band, but they were 70's!! That was the bulk of their biggest hits. I've lost count how many times I've seen them...it has to be in the range of 30-40 times. I still see them twice a year in Vegas. I really believe they invented the 'themed' concerts.

I'll never forget the Mr. Robot one (amazing) and most sad was the Paradise Theater concert. It's about the death of an era of music. It's like they told a story through their show. They knew they were heading out of the mainstream.

I was very skeptical the first concert I saw where Dennis De Young was not the lead singer, but it was still fantastic. Watching his replacement standing on a twirling keyboard, play and sing...that guy has talent.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
. I once caught my hair on fire in chemistry in high school because I had so much hairspray in it. I stunk all day.

Yeah, uh huh - "Chemistry" class - are you sure it didn't involve a feather roach clip?

Mustang - YOU are beautiful!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing the picture. I had you pictured with shoulder lenghth curly hair somehow. Brunette - just shorter. ANd those SOCKS on that baby that match his SHIRT???? OMG he's like a little adorable elf. I remember those times - I was sure my son would grow up to be a barefoot hillbilly. He hated shoes. Your daughter is so pretty.

And I think Styx and all is good - but it certainly isn't going to be OZ-fest or the Scorpions or Jethro Tull......more my era. And how about a big round of applause for CCR, BTO, Ohio Players, Gary Wright, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, and progressed to Van Halen, The Cars, Tom Petty...

Some things have changed for SURE -
1.) NO lighters for an encore performance - hold up your cell phone.
2.) NO smoking - that eliminates Crazy Mama and her clip.
3.) No beer sales
4.) No more black concert T'shirts

And the music today? WHO can understand the words? OH wait - if I wasn't OLD and I could HEAR - I probably would dig it.

(insert Hippy smiley) except one that bathed and shaved. :full: