9 Words Women Use

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
NINE WORDS WOMEN USE

(1) Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

(2) Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

(3)Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing u sually end in fine.

(4) Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

(5) Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)

(6) That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

(7) Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you're welcome. (I want to add in a clause here - This is true, unless she says 'Thanks a lot' - that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say='you're welcome' . that will bring on a 'whatever').

(8) Whatever: Is a woman's way of saying GO TO HELL

(9) Don't worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking 'What's wrong?' For the woman's response refer to # 3

KTMom91

Just sent this to Hubby. Maybe he'll finally catch a clue.

No, really, it's fine. I can manage.

Wouldn't want you to put yourself out.

klmno

Wow- I never realized this is a habit of my entire gender!! If difficult child could have learned these, he'd probably be home right now. LOL!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I use all but 3 (Nothing:This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine) - Just not strong enough for me - too passive. lol

and 5 (Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.) Again, I think this allows too much of an oppportunity for H to think it will pass, whatever "it" is. Hahaha

I would say that I have perfected a well stated, "Thank you" in a nice sarcastic tone along with "Whatever" - those are my two most popular.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Here's my entry -

"Fine, in Five minutes there will be nothing to eat so GO AHEAD and eat that Poptart before I get done cooking
Man -reaches for Poptart while dinner is on stove looking slightly guilty:confused:
Woman (loud sigh):surprise:
THATS OKAY because THIS IS THE THANKS I GET, for WHATEVER I DO around here, but don't you worry about it....."

Isn't that this sentence TerryJ2 told me I should enter in that contest?

I had no idea I was so verbally talented.....lol

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I too change quickly... If I say 5 minutes, I mean 3... For me. For them... If they say 2... I count backward from 120... If it's too long (waiting for someone when I am leaving), I just go.

I have also learned if I wish to leave at 12:00 I tell everyone we're leaving at 11:30. Then we leave at 11:50, and everyone's happy.

'Chelle

OMG I use all of those except #2. Especially #5, it's my specialty. husband will sometimes say "stop sighing!", and even the dog knows to walk quietly and slowly to her cushion and lay down if I'm starting to sigh. ROFLMAO I also love to combine the "FINE, WHATEVER"

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'm not a sigher, but am constantly being scolded for laughing at inappropriate times. "What's funny about that?" Ummm...maybe because you're having a hissy fit over having to change a light bulb.

Abbey