9 Words Women Use

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Hound dog, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

NINE WORDS WOMEN USE

(1) Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

(2) Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

(3)Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing u sually end in fine.

(4) Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

(5) Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)

(6) That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

(7) Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you're welcome. (I want to add in a clause here - This is true, unless she says 'Thanks a lot' - that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say='you're welcome' . that will bring on a 'whatever').

(8) Whatever: Is a woman's way of saying GO TO HELL

(9) Don't worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking 'What's wrong?' For the woman's response refer to # 3

2. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

Hmmm....I use #'s 1 and 9 fairly often.

3. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

Just sent this to Hubby. Maybe he'll finally catch a clue.

No, really, it's fine. I can manage.

Wouldn't want you to put yourself out.

4. 1905

1905 Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm not the only one then? Unfortunately, numbers 9, 2, and 5 are quite familiar.

5. Hound dog

I use all of them except 2. husband says I'm faster at changing my clothes than superman. lol

6. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

Lisa...I'm dying laughing. I'd like to send it off to one or two but they wouldn't get it.

Abbey

7. klmno

klmno Active Member

Wow- I never realized this is a habit of my entire gender!! If difficult child could have learned these, he'd probably be home right now. LOL!

8. rejectedmom

rejectedmom New Member

Teeheehee!:D -RM

9. house of cards

house of cards New Member

Finally, an instruction manual for men. I love it.

10. Hound dog

:rofl:

11. Estherfromjerusalem

Estherfromjerusalem Well-Known Member

Brilliant! I love it.

Love, Esther

12. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

I use all but 3 (Nothing:This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine) - Just not strong enough for me - too passive. lol

and 5 (Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.) Again, I think this allows too much of an oppportunity for H to think it will pass, whatever "it" is. Hahaha

I would say that I have perfected a well stated, "Thank you" in a nice sarcastic tone along with "Whatever" - those are my two most popular.

13. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

Here's my entry -

"Fine, in Five minutes there will be nothing to eat so GO AHEAD and eat that Poptart before I get done cooking
    Man -reaches for Poptart while dinner is on stove looking slightly guilty:confused:
    Woman (loud sigh):surprise:
    THATS OKAY because THIS IS THE THANKS I GET, for WHATEVER I DO around here, but don't you worry about it....."

Isn't that this sentence TerryJ2 told me I should enter in that contest?

I had no idea I was so verbally talented.....lol

14. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

I too change quickly... If I say 5 minutes, I mean 3... For me. For them... If they say 2... I count backward from 120... If it's too long (waiting for someone when I am leaving), I just go.

I have also learned if I wish to leave at 12:00 I tell everyone we're leaving at 11:30. Then we leave at 11:50, and everyone's happy.

15. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

Yup!

It's gotten to the point where husband asks me, "Is that a Trinity Nothing, or a Nothing Nothing?"

16. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

This is perfect! I am trying to figure out how to print it out for Tony...lol. He is really clueless.

17. 'Chelle

'Chelle Active Member

OMG I use all of those except #2. Especially #5, it's my specialty. husband will sometimes say "stop sighing!", and even the dog knows to walk quietly and slowly to her cushion and lay down if I'm starting to sigh. ROFLMAO I also love to combine the "FINE, WHATEVER"

18. mrscatinthehat

mrscatinthehat Seussical

My husband has learned this particular one also.

19. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

My H sighs. I hate it!

20. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

I'm not a sigher, but am constantly being scolded for laughing at inappropriate times. "What's funny about that?" Ummm...maybe because you're having a hissy fit over having to change a light bulb.

Abbey