A big Thank You to Superpsy and Smallworld

house of cards

Just wanted to let you know that I did ask my pediatrician for a speech/lang referral, as you suggested Smallworld. She gave me that and a CAP evaluation as well. Yesterday I had the CAP and the woman was extremely helpful. I showed her the neuropsy report as well as the schools evaluations. She was shocked at how badly done the neuropsy was, she even asked if the school paid for it...they didn't, anyway she found my difficult child to have Auditory Processing Disorders (APD) and highly suspects inattention ADHD (as superpsy suspected) She will make recommendations for the Wilson reading program and small class size, ect.

I have the speech/language part today and am feeling hopeful that I can get even more feedback to help my daughter. It feels so good to feel like I am making progress and you both showed me how....Thanks so much. I am sure I will be able to get her in sp ed now.

smallworld

Kathie, that is great news! I'm glad you're going to get your daughter the help she needs to succeed in school. Way To Go, warrior mom!