A bit of a mix up

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:faint:

I had a neighbor that went in to get her tubes tied. Turns out doctor mixed her up with someone else. Nine months later she gave birth to her 3rd child.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
This is why you want to get your own marker and put an arrow on the body part, where the operation is to be performed before you get the anesthesia...... or at least talk to the doctor performing the operation and have him mark his x..........a sure fire lawsuit win.......

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Mustang

You know what..... I dunno what, if any, procedure they performed on my friend instead of tying her tubes. I don't remember her mentioning that part. I'm not sure if she ever thought to ask. (not the brightest bulb in the pack)

She didn't even realize they hadn't done the tubal until she came up pregnant. :faint:

Unfortunately the pregnacy also gave her 3 serious blood clots that she still has some 8 yrs later. Too deep and in too bad of places for docs to do much about. I begged her to sue, but doctor had convinced her she couldn't because she was on welfare. ack!!

However, doctor has since had his license to practice medicine permanently revolked.

SRL

I know of someone who was waiting in a gown for an annual exam at her ob-gyn's when a nurse walked in with a vial to administer artificial insemination.

Wrong woman, those sperm weren't meant for her...

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
When I had knee surgery in '79, I had borrowed a marker from the nurse the night before and drew a big, fat target on the knee in question.

Now, back a couple of years ago when I had an intestinal obstruction removed under (very) emergency circumstances, there was no question of where they were going to cut or of the right thing being cut.

I was on the way to the OR while they were still trying to get my clothes off.

susiestar

Roll With It
That is scary. Makes you wonder what the doctor was smoking, doesn't it? The wrong knee is one thing, but to give you a new anus?? Instead of leg surgery?? I would SOOOO be suing.

Before my surgery I wrote on my neck the place the surgery was supposed to be. The doctor thought it was funny, the nurses said it was smart.

Susie

mstang67chic

Going Green
I just can't imagine what this woman thought when she woke up. I had surgery last year for, um.... a pesky blood vessel in a rather sensitive area and for something so simple, the pain was enormous.

So here you are, waking up after what was supposed to be leg surgery and your bum hurts. That would clear my head pretty quick.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
My knee surgeon's entire team of DR's ALWAYS marks the surgery site with a permanent marker. At first I thought, "Now, c'mon, he can't remember which leg to cut?" After reading this story I am so THANKFUL!