A bit of progress in difficult child-land!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
My difficult child (like many) is in the middle of his annual holiday decline, however I have a bit of progress to share.

His Christmas program for school was last night. Historically, when he attended the early intervention preschool, he would not participate in music class at all, and the programs were even worse - they had to drag him kicking and screaming to me, in the audience, both years.

Last night, he actually stood up on stage AND SANG! Sometimes so loud you could clearly hear him over the other children. And he had a part in a little play and he said BOTH of his lines, one even into a microphone.

The school had arranged to have a helper sit behind him thru the entire thing, and she got hugged A LOT, but he did it!

YEAH!

tammyjh

Awww....and I bet he was so cute too. I love it when they're in the early grades and have their concerts/plays.

My difficult child used to love the school concerts when she was that age and she was the loudest singer too.lol. She was also a hugger and still would be if it was allowed at school.

Congrats on a good evening and progress!

Janna

Aww, that's so cool, Shari :bravo: I know you're so proud. Congrats to you and Way To Go difficult child!