A change in life...a really big change

Janet, I know this is hard. But, I see a lot of positive things as well. Now you will have the chance to get close to 2 grandchildren. You'll still see and talk to Keyana as well. Cory and Billy will be together, taking care of the each other and the house. Cory will have somewhere decent to live. Tony will have an easier job, and easier life. You will always have the option to come back at some point. You won't be at Jamie's for long- I know that will not be an ideal situation, but think of it as a stepping stone. It'll be good. Does Tony have any type of retirement plan? And when can he retire?-Alyssa

flutterby

Fly away!
Change is scary and this is a big change. It sounds like the timing is right and I don't think it's a coincidence that this opportunity for Tony opened up when it did.

everywoman

I am a firm believer that opportunities present themselves for a reason. Unless you go for it, you will never know what that reason is. And really, do you love Lumberton that much? (Remember, I've been there!!!LOL) I think that when we are willing to step out of the box we create for ourselves, we are able to grow and change. Change is a good thing. It keeps you moving forward. And any forward movement is a good thing.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Janet.

Would there be more involved with the SSDI than opening a new acct in the new state and then changing the direct deposit.

I don't think (and I sure hope) that you don't have to go through the whole disability review process again.

Now you've got me worried as it is very possible that I will want to move back down to IL and that would require me changing my SSDI over.

LittleDudesMom

Janet,

I do understand the toll construction can do on the body. I have a couple questions. Is this a shoe-in? In other words, does Tony have the job if he wants it based on Jamie's recommendation? Are they offering him a full time job with benefits or is it a "as needed" kinda thing? I think that last question would be the most important to me.

Knowing the area where Jamie lives, I know that you have lots of rural areas around there even thought you are moving north, I'm sure there are some reasonable areas to live.

Were I in your shoes, I think I would have Tony go up for a couple months and check out the job. He would need to see if he likes it, get a feel for the folks he is working with, perhaps look around a little for a prospective places to live, etc. I wouldn't make the move without a trial first. There is no sense making all the changes necessary to move to another state without being sure this job is something Tony can live with.

That would be my suggestion. And, change is scary but can also bring renewal. You would be able to form a closer bond with your other grands, start fresh and new with Tony, and leave Billy and Cory to take charge of their lives alone. Those are all good things.

Tough choices. You will know if it's right - so will Tony if he does it on a trial basis.

Sharon

Lothlorien

I'm with Wendy....I have a good feeling about it and I'm a bit excited for you! It's going to be tough changing docs and getting all your ducks in a row with you healthcare and the like, but this sounds like a wonderful opportunity.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I think this is a good thing Janet. The medications/docs and stuff can be a pain but that could happen anytime if a doctor changed practices or something. You'll miss the one grand but will be closer to the other AND the new baby! Even if it turns out to be not as long a stay as thought, you tried it and have somewhere to go back to. You're not stuck.

Maybe you could work out something with Keyana's mom and meet them half way to pick her up for a few days at a time. Never know!