A Change in Plans.......

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I had planned tonight to watch It's A Wonderful Life as I've done for all these years with husband. Tonight is our "2nd" anniversary....the day we remarried after being divorced 7 months. Well......that didn't quite happen.

Nichole and her husband and little baby Oliver were the Live Nativity scene at a local church. Since it didn't start until 9:45pm Nichole didn't think Aubrey would hold up well. (her bedtime is 7pm) easy child was going to let her hang out with the boys but those plans changed and she came to hang out with Nana on xmas eve instead. There was cocoa with marshmellows and popcorn and gingerbread men.........and plenty of xmas kid shows to watch. We visited, with her talking my arm off lol, and snuggled.................and I enjoyed every darn moment.

Nichole just picked her up. I think that was much better than sitting and missing husband something fierce and feeling sorry for myself.

I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Merry Christmas Everyone! :santa::rudolph:

T

TeDo

Ya know what I say Hound, "Everything happens for a reason, we just don't know what it is yet". Tonight was supposed to work out this way. If you'd have sat home alone watching the movie without husband, you KNOW you'd have gotten all teary eyed (and I DON'T mean from the movie) and it might have even ruined the holidays for you. Now you have good, fun, meaningful memories to replace the sad, emotional ones. Glad you had a good evening. Merry Christmas Lisa!!

buddy

That really choked me up! what a great time, I wonder if that could be a tradition? If only for a short while on Xmas eve, movies and popcorn so dad and mom can help Santa get ready??? HMMM????

lovemysons

Aww Lisa,
I am SO GLAD you got to spend sweet time with your Aubrey for Christmas Eve.

Gentle hugs to you,
Merry Christmas,
Love,
LMS

DammitJanet

I think that might ought to be a new Xmas tradition myself. Xmas eve with Nana for the kiddies. Cocoa and popcorn and a movie or two.