A compliment from a very unexpected source!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by KTMom91, May 31, 2010.

1. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

As you may remember, my relationship with Miss KT's father's family went downhill after her Granddad died more than five years ago. Even so, I had Miss KT send her great-uncle a graduation announcement last June. She never heard anything, not even a card, so I figured that was that.

Yesterday a graduation card came in the mail. Apparently they had moved, the forwarding had expired, and rather than it being sent back, the people who bought their house tossed mail in a bag. They mentioned in their note that they had missed many things besides Miss KT's graduation, sent her a check for $50, and even had a nice thing to say about me.

"We were so impressed when we saw you earlier this year. You have grown into a pleasant and ambitious young lady. Your Mother did a wonderful job of raising you considering the difficult circumstances she was faced with."

Wow...so they realize their nephew is truly Useless Boy? That the only reason I got child support was because Grandma paid it? That Useless Boy rarely visited or even contacted his only child, and I had to deal with the fallout when he disappointed her time after time after time? That Hubby and I are basically good people who do the best we can? I was surprised and humbled by their note.

2. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reading this made my day. How nice to get such a well deserved compliment!

3. ML

ML Guest

How wonderful Mary. You really have done a great job and it's nice to be recognized, especially by UB's side of the family.

4. shellyd67

shellyd67 Active Member

I am so happy for you Mary. I smiled for a few minutes after reading your post. What a wonderful compliment.... savor it !:D

5. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

That's really very nice. I bet it made Miss KT's day, too.

6. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Wow! Awesome!
    That was so thoughtful and sweet of them.
    I'm so glad it worked out.

7. Tiapet

Tiapet Old Hand

That was really nice that after this much time they still did follow through and then a nice comment to boot! :) Such a nice surprise!

8. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Sort of restores your faith a little bit, doesn't it? :D