A compliment from a very unexpected source!

KTMom91

As you may remember, my relationship with Miss KT's father's family went downhill after her Granddad died more than five years ago. Even so, I had Miss KT send her great-uncle a graduation announcement last June. She never heard anything, not even a card, so I figured that was that.

Yesterday a graduation card came in the mail. Apparently they had moved, the forwarding had expired, and rather than it being sent back, the people who bought their house tossed mail in a bag. They mentioned in their note that they had missed many things besides Miss KT's graduation, sent her a check for $50, and even had a nice thing to say about me.

"We were so impressed when we saw you earlier this year. You have grown into a pleasant and ambitious young lady. Your Mother did a wonderful job of raising you considering the difficult circumstances she was faced with."

Wow...so they realize their nephew is truly Useless Boy? That the only reason I got child support was because Grandma paid it? That Useless Boy rarely visited or even contacted his only child, and I had to deal with the fallout when he disappointed her time after time after time? That Hubby and I are basically good people who do the best we can? I was surprised and humbled by their note.

M

ML

How wonderful Mary. You really have done a great job and it's nice to be recognized, especially by UB's side of the family.

shellyd67

I am so happy for you Mary. I smiled for a few minutes after reading your post. What a wonderful compliment.... savor it !:D

Tiapet

Old Hand
That was really nice that after this much time they still did follow through and then a nice comment to boot! :) Such a nice surprise!