A Crushing Blow After a Dr's Office's Stupid Mistake

svengandhi

Please consult with a medical malpractice attorney after your vacation. From what you have written, it sounds like you may have a failure to diagnose case. Get your medical records from the bad doctors first. You can ask your new doctor to request them and you sign an authorization (permission slip sort of) for them to get them.

Good luck.

How long until the CA125 comes back? That will give you answers. I had a transvaginal ultrasoun twice, a huge growth was found the second time, gyn sent me to a gyn oncologist...he operated....all benign but removed both ovaries anyway. Just to let you know things could turn out fine. Being scared is so awful though, hugs.

Tiapet

Old Hand
I'm so overwhelmed by all these posts Ladies and pleased. I NEVER expected such heartfelt support, thoughts, prayers and well wishes. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Really. I tried posting twice (the day I replied to a few of your posts) before this very long posts but each one got wiped out by either a window closed or a disappearing act. How utterly frustrating! So reminded me to type it up on word first then copy in so it can't happen if it's going to be long. Duh me! :(

That afternoon SO ended up coming home as he didn't want me going to the next appointment alone, being with the difficult child's in as they were semi acting up/out, the choas of having to rush-pack since the deadline had now been bumped up, and just being with my ownself and thoughts of all that had transpired. I was actually happy that he did, contrary to my normal of knowing and wanting him to stay at work.

We went to my GP. I had to explain to her all that transpired this morning as she still hadn't gotten the CAT results from the month prior so it was all new news to her to begin with as well as the new path that I would be taking. She was sweet and calming, very concerned and very thorough as she went over my medical profile in her records. Making sure I didn't need any refills on my medications, any routine lab work that was due. Her look reflect one of very deep concern and seriousness. I saw it and though I already had been processing this all, it just enhanced to me even more the seriousness of this.

When I moved down here I started with her as my GP and she was pregnant. Then she went out as something happened with her baby late in the pregnancy and she left for a while. That's what made me have to switch to the other GP. It was very sad knowing she lost the baby so late. I could certainly identify with it as I have done the same. Here I am a 1 ½ years later back with here because the other GP I had switched to left the practice because she too has now left, for good, for some reason. I believe it was due to some personal health reason. This time back with her she is, yet again, pregnant and it's late into the pregnancy. I really hope this time she is successful! I know many losses and I do not wish that on anyone. I worry what I'm going to do when she does go out on maternity leave as there is no one else in the practice I will see there. I'll have to go somewhere else and for me that is NOT an easy thing to do. There is limited dr choices due to my insurance 1st and 2nd because my health needs are so complex many just don't like or want to deal with it, nor handle it properly.

This is partly why, sven, it would be hard to be able to sue if it was necessary BUT IF, something should happen to me I have advised SO that he could assist oldest to sue on the kids behalf for me. They could go after health partners (the company that runs the doctors office-there are 5 locations to the company) as well as 2 hospitals I was at last year with this that dismissed listening to me where the pain was and treated it as if it was just a back problem or I was medication seeking. If you all recall I did a post on here about all that back last December!

So we left and went back home and I tried to get my head into packing but it was a big challenge. I just felt so empty headed yet at the same time it also felt like I had a million things spinning around. Have you ever had that feeling? Everything and nothing all at the same time and you just couldn't think? Felt like a zombie and I just kept having silent tears. Ms emo was shockingly stepping up to the plate and really helping where ever she could. I was so proud of her. Before I left for the doctors and before SO had got there I had sat and talked with the girls. In the meantime, oldest had retreated back to her bed and gone to sleep! I couldn't believe her. I expected more out of her really given that she knew we were in a time crunch but on the other hand this is her time of year where she struggles really bad with her depression and anger issues because of the BiPolar (BP). From about Oct. until about Jan/Feb she will sleep huge amount of hours and won't be able to drag herself out of bed and when she doesn't it's for very brief periods of time only to end up right back there within the hour. On top of that she is very aggressively angry at everything and everyone so she will snipe a whole lot. None of the medications have ever been able to cut through this.

Oh, I forgot to add that after I had the talk with the girls, sometime later my oldest comes to me and says, 'mom, why can't they transplant my heart into you?' I told her they can't, they won't put a healthy heart into someone who isn't healthy. She says, 'why not? My heart is healthy and I don't want to live and you do and need to!' It broke my heart. She is my suicidal one. She spends everyday wishing to die and has since about 16 (earlier but not everyday prior to that). While her attempts have lessened, she still wishes to die. It's a truly sad situation and I wish there was some way to help her and we've never been able to. She sees NO REASON TO LIVE! How selfless for my daughter to want to give up her heart to me, no matter the reasoning!

Ms emo continued to help me. She looked at my phone which had the lists I had put on with all that had to be done and packed and so she was following that and getting things together, put them to the staging area. She even helped me get my own things packed. I had previously gathered my clothes so she put them in the suitcase. There really was a whole lot she did. Mr busy came home shortly after we had gotten back with his worker who picks him up at the bus on Tuesday. He and the worker went to getting his things together (in the end it turned out he didn't quite pack all he needed but he'll survive). Worker left a little less then an hour later because he felt he was in the way and knew we were getting ready. Mr busy then went to playing on his computer instead of helping. This frustrated ms emo because it wasn't fair. I agreed with her but pointed out that he and her would just fight (as they had been already) so perhaps him being occupied and out of the way was for the better. Helps her 'feel' in control of the situation too.

SO was getting his things together and checking the house to make sure it would be secure when we left. The cars were loaded and the animals and all of us finally were able to get out to the cars too. FINALLY it had stopped raining after it being torrents of rain all day. Some small miracle to be able to travel in. It had begun to start getting noticeably colder too. All told it took us about 3 hours to get it all together and get on the road! A bit later then I would have liked but oh well.

We get there and get checked in and unload the cars and the animals. Kids are cranky and arguing, they haven't eaten either and by then it was late. I opt to take them to Ihop because I know everyone loves it and it's not a place we'd normally go. I let them get what ever they want including some forbidden foods. I figure it's vacation and they can be spoiled a little! :) Because it was so late there were very few people there. Mr busy was being loud, which he normally is but also aggravating the girls. The girls had asked the staff for kids coloring sheets and crayons so they were busily coloring and giggling between themselves, sans blowing their straw papers at SO (who was NOT happy about it). I said to mr busy that if he will lower his voice I will listen to him, which would cause him to speak only to me and leave all the aggravating of the girls by the wayside. It worked. I am able to 'tune out' the nonsense chatter he does as he rambles yet pay just enough attention and respond when he needs me too but also carry on a conversation with SO. SO can't do this yet. I think it's the ADD in SO that is the reason he can't do it. He'll focus on EVERYTHING! Lol

With dinner over we headed back to hotel and the kids were a bit rowdy in car. Talk was of.... farts of course as the girls were doing just that and the car was stinking up. Fits of laughter. That's mr busy's weak point as it will bring out endless streams even more so of him joining in and going overboard with talk of farts. UGH! We get to hotel and it took a couple of hours but they finally settled down and went to sleep.

About 6A I woke up in hard tears and said to SO, 'what are you going to do when I'm gone?' For a moment he didn't answer. Then he says, 'Now's not the time to talk about that' and he just continued to hold me and rubbed my back trying to soothe me until I could calm down. It wasn't in a meanway or a dismissive way. It was more of a I don't want to think about that, I don't have an answer, bad timing sort of way. In truth, we've never even talked about this before even though it's been a real possibility since they told me 7 ½ years ago I only had 5 years to live. I managed to fall back to sleep and we both slept for a couple more hours until the kids woke us up knocking on the door.

Remember, I had saved for this trip and then prepaid for everything I could (other then food, gas and small things) ahead of time so there is minimal outlay now for us.

The kids were knocking, first it was ms emo. She was hungry and wanting breakfast. I told her to go ahead and get breakfast as she is capable of going and getting it here at hotel. Then the other 2 shortly after her as well. Ms emo and mr busy came back after eating and got their medications. Everyone was then getting ready to begin the day but I found a glitch that had occurred when we checked in the night before in billing that needed to be dealt with right then and there. The clerk had ran our bill and charged us even though it was already paid for. I had to go deal with that. It took about an hour to sort through and get straightened out, deal with her getting to the bank to get it removed. Then we headed out.

A stop on the way for fast food to eat in the car. No fights, which normally would have been as to I don't want this or that, if we go here I won't eat this or that, etc. And then 'thank you for lunch' even!We went to the Aquarium. It was BRUTALLY cold out and still had snow flurries flying which had started some wee hour of the morning. There is snow on the ground but not on the roads. There was a bit of walking involved, which of course, is very painful for me, but I refused to allow SO to bring the wheel chair because I wanted to do this on my own, it's awkward and bulky with already overloaded vehicles, and I just wanted to feel normal (whatever that is anymore). Dumb yes but I needed this, I wanted this and so I did it. I walked at the slowest snails pace, I sat and rested, rinse repeat. Repeatedly throughout the time we were there. There was no time limit or rush for us to get through it. The kids went ahead and did there thing at their own pace when they wanted to but you know what........they each, in their own time assisted mom! Mr busy, offered mom and arm, a shoulder to lean on to walk (think of like a cane), my oldest carried my pocket book, and ms emo kept checking on me and making sure I was alright and if I needed anything. Of course SO also offered his arm and carried my pocket book on and off too (at 1 point I had SO on 1 side and mr busy on the other side!) :) I'm a lucky lady, my 2 main men on either side! So what if I looked weird. I didn't care. I was doing it on my own, my pace.

Time to leave. I was really spent and hurting, but it was really worth it. My oldest ran ahead to bring the car to me even though it was parked in the handicap spot it was still quite a walk for me and at this point I knew it was a bit of a walk I wasn't going to be able to make. SO would have but he went back to a couple displays to video for me while no one was there because I loved them (sea dragons and jelly fish- so majestic) I might share them. He had other videos as he takes really good ones. Some of the sharks overhead in the tunnel (you stand on a slow moving belt in a silicone tube as all the fish swim around).

In the car the kids talked a bit and then the farting starts again. UGH! That progressed to puke talk because of the smell and then it was escalating to everyone annoying the other on top of the giggling to. So I decided to turn on the radio. Music soothes the savage beasts don't you know! LOL I put on tecno/electronica/dance type music. It has a steady beat to it (which seems to keep them calmer and they ask for that). Here are the 2 girls in the back of the seat head bobbing (think of that movie with the 2 with the well known song playing in the background while they are in the car bobbing their heads to it, I can't think of name). Yeah that one! So they are doing that, videoing it on oldest phone. Laughing in hysterics. Cars passing us looking at them and they see that happening (we're in a tourist area so there is a lot of traffic on either side of us-3 lanes). 1 guy in a car in particular see the girls and he smiles at them and that just makes them bust out even more so then it challenges them to get the attention of others and smile back at them too. Fun times!

I have SO stop at a dollar store that is practically next door to hotel because we needed some mugs for hot chocolate and marshmallows (only to find out that was 1 of the few things we forgot to pack). The girls decided to walk over to hotel while we were in there. I picked them up a couple coloring books and a box of crayons. Oldest has been bugging for that and ms emo loves to color to begin with. Just something simple to pass the spare down time. Mr busy plays games, of course on his computer, and he was with us and didn't want anything to color.

Back to hotel and a few hours to rest, nap and recuperate before the evening. The kids colored, played on computer (not ms emo) or watched tv, and took naps too. At this point SO revisits the morning question I asked of him. Apparently it was ruminating in his head since the AM. So a discussion was started in earnst about the how, what, etc going forward. We got interrupted at some point by 2 of the kids so it got dropped and never resumed. I'm sure we'll be talking more about it though at some point whenever.

In the evening we went to a dinner show. Again, they all were very helpful to me between offering of arms, holding of purse or dealing with the car (no handicap available-used up). Even ms emo, who has severe anxiety with crowds did well. At first she was complaining that I should have known better picking this place but just as the pre-show got going and she started enjoying herself (in fact ACTIVELY participating with hooting and hollering and doing audience participation!). The girls went down after the show to talk to the members but more to pet the horses. On the way home things were a little rowdy in the car again but not to bad. Some conversations, some giggles, some annoying/fighing but I did my best to distract them.

In to the rooms for the evening. The each did their own things. Ms emo did some more complaining as she has the least she can do (the other 2 have a computer) but after a bit she found something to occupy herself as well. Then everyone went to sleep.

So here it is Thanksgiving day! Happy Thanksgiving everyone, my dear Board Family! I'm thankful for each and everyone of you as well as my own family. I'm thankful that I'm able to still be able to give my kids what I am at this moment in time and that I planned ahead, for whatever reason, that pushed me to even think about doing this which is something I would have NEVER even thought about doing in the past. I'm thankful that I've learned the skills I have to deal with difficult children that made this possible and that I'm still here to do it. I'm thankful that the difficult child's, which there are problems, they each have stepped up to the plate and have been surprising me too. I'm thankful for many things actually.

Today's agenda is to go to dinner at a resort. Originally the kids were going to go ice skating too but I think they collectively decided they didn't want to. So I guess it's a restful day. Tomorrow will be a day at the park. I will see some shows. No walking. I'll have and electric wheel chair for that. Then it will be back home Sat.

Well, ladies, that's my update. Overall I'd have to say pretty good. Sure some struggles with the kiddos as I predicted and there will be more. They are difficult children after all and they will be who they are but they are surprising me to.

Thank you for the many thoughts, prayers and well wishes.

As for when I get the CA results, she didn't tell me. I know I go back for the ultrasound on Dec 5 which is at her office so maybe they will be in then? I don't know.

I will 'try' to check back in here as I can and post more. I'm expending a ton more energy and effort then I am suppose to and have in a very long time to make all this happen but it's something I need to do so I'm also trying to temper it with rest as well.

L

Liahona

You are amazing in your ability to let your kids be themselves at this difficult time. I will be praying for you. Hope your vacation continues to go well.

witzend

Thank you for checking in, Tia. I hope that you will be well, and am glad to hear that the outing is pleasant. You all deerve that!

svengandhi

Tia -

I understand but you should at least talk to someone about it. You don't have to die to win a malpractice case and if you do, the money can help take care of you and your family. Believe me, I don't advocate suing for the sake of it. I actually defend people who are sued (not medication mal, though I know how it works) for a living.

In the meantime, enjoy your vacation and that is wonderful news about Ms. Emo stepping up.

Lothlorien

Oh, I forgot to add that after I had the talk with the girls, sometime later my oldest comes to me and says, 'mom, why can't they transplant my heart into you?' I told her they can't, they won't put a healthy heart into someone who isn't healthy. She says, 'why not? My heart is healthy and I don't want to live and you do and need to!' It broke my heart. She is my suicidal one. She spends everyday wishing to die and has since about 16 (earlier but not everyday prior to that). While her attempts have lessened, she still wishes to die. It's a truly sad situation and I wish there was some way to help her and we've never been able to. She sees NO REASON TO LIVE! How selfless for my daughter to want to give up her heart to me, no matter the reasoning!

This just broke my heart.

I'm so terribly sorry. Praying that your test comes back with good results and you get better news. I wish you could have enjoyed this vacation without having this hanging over you, but I'm sure you are savoring every moment of it. Gosh....I'm just having trouble figuring out words to put down. Sending hugs and prayers.

Star*

call 911........call 911
no,no, no no no no no no no nono no no no no nono..........no ........no. no.

no.

no..........no.

Said the donkey to the bee.