A date

everywoman

Miss Jana is out tonight on a real, honest to goodness, pick you up (in a vehicle he owns), come inside and meet the parents (I know him; I taught him several years ago), go out to dinner---date. With a nice guy---who has a decent vehicle, a job, is going to school, has nice parents, and does not have any children, guy. I hope it goes well and she sees how much fun a nice guy can be!!!!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hoping that J sees the positive to having a solid guy who treats her well. Hope this guy does treat her well. Fingers crossed.

everywoman

She had a good time! She said it was so nice to be out with a gentleman. He opened the door for her. They went over to the island to eat. Then they came back here and played Wii. I'm hoping she can have some more positive experiences like this. I miss the old days where guys and gals went on dates and had fun together without jumping into a steady relationship.

flutterby

Fly away!
I'm glad she had a nice time. Hopefully she'll see that this is the kind of thing that is healthy.

I don't understand the jump into relationships that's going on these days, either.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I'm with you about jumping into relationships so young. Who knows what they will be or want in 5 yrs from now. Heck, we change a lot from late teens to late 20's. So do guys.
I never wanted to be too committed in my early 20's. I didn't know if that was the kind of person I could live with the rest of my life. Better to be single and happy instead of married and miserable.

Hope Jana meets lots of different interesting guys with a lot less of the need for drama to spice up their lives.

susiestar

Roll With It
I hope she had a wonderful time and plans to go on more dates like this. Not necessarily with this guy, just with someone who is fun to be with and who treats her very well.

Sadly, around here the kids don't date a variety of people nearly as often as we did when I was dating. The kids seem to "hook up" for intimate activities and then go on to the next person with-o a real relationship.

It is great that Jana at least took a break from that kind of relationship. Some of Wiz' friends do the casual "hook up". Luckily that seems to bother him. He wants relationships if he is going to go out with someone. NOT just one night stands.

I am glad she had a good time. I hope that continues with whomever she dates.

Abbey

Spork Queen
How exciting for her! Now I miss my Wii, though. Maybe they can make a date to come over here with their Wii and I'll supervise. ;)

Abbey

lovemysons

That's wonderful...he sounds like a very respectful young man.
Glad to hear your Jana is treating herself better...she deserves better.

Hugs,
Tammy