A day off? Cool!

Steely

Today I have an actual whole day off for the first time in what seems like months. I know it is not really, more like 2 weeks - but when you factor in all the work I put into moving in only 2 weeks - then it really is a month. And guess what? I have another day off tomorrow too!!!:redface: So happy.

My boss is such a workaholic she is a bit over the top (OK, not a bit - a complete workaholic). I am beginning to learn that I just have to say "I am going home". She kinda makes me feel like we should be always in tandem with her - but I am trying to separate myself from that - and just focus on getting my job done. Yesterday, I finally asked what my schedule is this weekend instead of scheduling myself because because she is there. She was like - oh - I guess you can have the weekend off.

I am still totally in love with this town and AZ. It is unbelievable. I just need enough time to enjoy it!!!;) So this weekend I am finally cleaning my place (the repair guy came this morning to fix my washer and he walked into the kitchen and there was my bra, half a bottle of wine, and 900 hundred other things on my kitchen counter - seriously embarrassing!!!) And hopefully tomorrow I can explore the town some more and plant some tomatoes & flowers, and maybe get my laptop together so I can write.

The dogs are driving me BONKERS! I wish they would just settle in. They have had diarrhea, and they do not like their new fence mate, Buddy, and they are fighting with each other. Sigh. Today we went on a long walk, so hopefully they will begin to get in a groove.

Anyway just checking in. I am going to finally catch up with everyone today!!! (After I make my weekly trip to "the store" - very different to have to plan going to the store.)

Love you guys.
Steely

everywoman

I am so glad you are settling in and have time this weekend to enjoy your new life. It sounds like the move was the right choice.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I think the first 3-6 months of a new job are utterly exhausting as you are trying to figure out your job, what's expected, the politics, etc. Add in a new home/city/state and it's no wonder you're tired.

It sounds as if you've gotten off to a great start and are happy with your decision. You can't get much better than that! :thumbsup:

Suz

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Hey, Steelie! This is why my kids hate me: HAVE YOU MADE AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE TOWN INTERNIST YET? husband says he never heard of an electrolyte imbalance caused by hyperventilation. OK, I know he was only a radiologist but he did do an internship in internal medication. I want you happy and safe! HUGS!