A "delicate" health question

Lothlorien

This is probably not the problem, but I thought I'd throw it out there, anyway. When Missy was born, a few weeks later, she developed this horrid rash on her behind. I thought it was just a diaper rash too, but it got to the point that everytime I changed her, the area would begin to bleed and she screamed bloody murder. It turned out that she had a form of Strep on her butt. doctor said it was common and gave her some cream. It went away and we never had the problem again.

Like I said, just thought I'd put it out there.

susiestar

Roll With It
Jess had similar reactions on her privates when her eczema acted up. We tried all sorts of things.

If it seemed like her urine was strong, or her bms were runny, then I mixed up cornstarch and maalox and applied that. If it was a reaction to the urine it went away in 1-2 days. If it was yeast it got worse. LOTS worse. Then we used monistat.

but if it was in relation to the eczema, then we used aquaphor on the bright red areas of her privates. I kept the tube kind and NOT the tub kind to help prevent germs getting into the aquaphor. It not only provided a barrier to further irritation, it also was very soothing.

Regular vaseline couldn't hold a candle to the aquaphor.

At the time we were using cortisone and/or elidel for the eczema, but they didn't help much. Again, I started with the aquaphor and it made a big difference. In the future we didn't even try the prescriptions.

Poor Duckie, it is so hard for kids to deal with stuff like this. I hope she outgrows a lot of it.

N

Nomad

I don't know...but oddly...just yesterday someone told me of a similar reaction after taking Aleve (over the counter). Never heard anything like this before.

I wash my clothes in Free and Clear Detergents. No perfumes, etc. Years ago I had a bad reaction. I'm careful about soaps too. I rarely use perfume, and when I do, I use a small amount on my clothing...usualy in a weird place like my knees (ON my clothes!).