a dreaded feeling

Lothlorien

I was going to post about this yesterday, but thought that I'd sound morbid or something, so I just deleted what I wrote. I've had this feeling of dread. Something was going to happen to someone in our family, either husband's or mine. I couldn't think of anyone who was unhealthy, so I was really getting bothered by this feeling. Yesterday, it just got much worse. I woke up at 3 and couldn't go back to sleep, then finally dozed off when my neighbors dog started barking at 5:30.

I was on the front porch at 8:30 this morning, waiting for the kids to get on the bus and the phone rang. It was husband's aunt. husband's grandfather passed away. He HAS been unhealthy and has been hanging on for a while. We were hoping to see him for the holidays. We did see him a little over a year ago. He has a daughter who is younger than us...husband's aunt. She's pregnant and found him this morning. He passed in his sleep. She's a wreck though. Her mother (husband's step-grandmother) is in the hospital, in intensive care. She's having major heart surgery today. She won't tell her mom about her dad, yet.

This is an awkward situation with the holidays coming up and his wife is in the hospital. Making the arrangements is going to be tough.

He was in his 80's and has been struggling with his health. We knew this was coming, but I hadn't thought of it with my dreaded feeling. I'm sorta relieved. He's in a better place. My feeling of dread is gone or at least tempered. I'm worried about husband's step grandmother, now.

klmno

I'm sorry to hear that, Loth. It does sound like an awkward situation and very risky for his step-grandmother. I feel so bad for the aunt- I hope she gets a lot of support and takes care of herself, especially since she's pregnant.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Loth, I'm so sorry - how tragic, especially around the holidays. I hope arrangements go smoothly and step-granmom has a successful surgery. H's aunt should discuss with step-grandmom's surgeon on how and when to tell her about her H. How sad.

Jena

I'm so sorry that is sad, even though he's in a better place. yet with the other in hospital having major surgery and than her finding him passed away while pregnant.

How is she holding up? Her and baby are ok i hope. Wow, you felt something coming. I have sensed stuff like that before as well. Did husband know you were sensing something, did you share it with him?

Arrangements will be hard in that situation. Is husband ok, it can be hard losing a grandparent. Even though they are ill, and we know their time is coming it can still be difficult especially around the holidays.

((hugs)))

Star*

call 911........call 911
Loth,

I think a lot of people have that 6th sense - actually I believe we all have it, some just listen to it more than others. I have things like that happen and I can't explain them either. I also believe it is a gift.

I'm sorry for the loss of husband's Grandfather. Through your words about him he sounded like a nice man. I'll keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Star

Like Star, I also believe people have a sixth sense. I know I've had it twice in my life.

I'm very sorry about husband's grandfather. How is husband's aunt holding up? - What a horrible thing for her to deal with anytime, especially while being pregnant. I hope husband's step grandmother's surgery goes well.

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers... WFEN

Lothlorien

Thanks all. I am going to bring my computer in for servicing, right now. I will not be able to read anymore responses. My virus software caught several viruses this week, but it probably didn't catch one or two that are seriously messing my computer up.

Have a good weekend all.