A few website changes are being forced on us

R

runawaybunny

A few website changes are being forced on us because one of the vendors that developed some software we have relied on here for several years has abandoned their business due to a family dispute. There have already been reports from other admins of possible security problems and since the software is no longer being patched by the developer this forces me to remove all of their resources from the site. This is going to be pretty disruptive for the next few days. It's also going to break links and remove a few resources, the most noticeable of which will be the entire likes system.

There a video that was sent out by one of the family members involved in the vendor's family feud. It's gotten pretty weird.

InsaneCdn

Do what you have to do, Cheryl... thanks for the heads-up, we'll be patient. Most important thing is, you did NOT say we were having to be taken off the net... THANKS!

scent of cedar

Thank you, Cheryl. Once again, this site comes through as warm and real. Holding a good thought for you (and for us!) as we all go through whatever is coming, next.

Cedar

R

runawaybunny

While I'm fumbling around breaking things over the next few days you may get so annoyed you just want to blow the whole website up. if you're using the full version of the site you can take out your frustrations by enjoying the low-tech fun of blasting away at elements of the website.

How to Play

To start the blaster click somewhere on a page and type on.

Once started, here's how you play Browser Blaster.

• Steer with the arrow keys.
  • Shoot with the spacebar.
  • Almost cleared the screen, but can't see what's left? Press and hold B key.
  • To turn it off press the esc key.

BusynMember

Reminds me of what would have happened if my DNA factors had decided to go into business together...lol! Thanks for this site, Cheryl and we will understand if there are problems for now. The game idea is awesome! You rock!

susiestar

Roll With It
Thank you for making us aware of the challenges and problems, and for the Blaster. I hope you know how much you mean to us, and how much the site means to us. There have been MANY times when neither my family nor I would have coped much at all, much less coped and learned and grown together without this site. The love, support and friendship (not to mention the information and wisdom) that this community of amazing parents and people has meant the world to me. Thank you for helping us all with all the things you do for our community.

Star*

call 911........call 911
(raises hand)..........um.....so what yer sayin Madame President is that the people that werk in the background of a community for dysfunctional fam uh lies .....have a dysfunctional fam uh lie? Have we invited them to come here yet? (crickets chirp).......chirp some more. Have we arm chair diagnosed her brother for the sake of OUR site so we can keep our site? I feel like I'm in a GEICO commercial...C.O.W......EI EI O - Dag nabiut. (You'd have to be here to get that I think)

I think you know what the site and the community have meant to me and my sanity. (pauses for a moment) Thanks for all you do.