A first for difficult child

Wiped Out

Staff member
difficult child spent the night last night at a sleepover with his friend. He is the same boy that is also a difficult child and has spent the night twice here. They are actually less gfgish when they are hanging out together.

This was seriously the first time he has been invited to spend the night and it was our first "respite" since September when his official respite services ended.

We went to dinner and a movie with easy child/difficult child and it was nice to get out and not have to worry about difficult child. The mom doesn't mind giving the medications to difficult child because her son also takes medications.

I'm really hoping this friendship continues for difficult child!

(Since this is a good news post I won't go into how much he is driving me crazy right now!!!!)

crazymama30

Woo hoo, for the fact he has a friend and they are a good influence on each other, and for you getting a break. here's hoping for more overnights!

pepperidge

it is these little bursts of normal living that give one some hope that someday some of the things so many kids/parents take for granted may one day come to our children too!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Yay! How cool.
I am currently trying to find Wee some situations to foster friendships. He's in a similar position.

M

ML

This is so cool. With most of manster's friends being girls, the overnight thing never took off for us. But last year he met brothers both his age that he clicked with and had several overnights with them and so I know how you feel. It's awesome! I hope this becomes a regular thing for him!

nvts

I'm moving closer to you...maybe they'll let my difficult child 2 into thier click! moooohahaha! Great news!

Beth