A friend of difficult child#1 may turn down millions of dollars..because she is a difficult child. Wos!

DDD

Before I start doing laundry etc. (I've been using the Board as an excuse for two hours, lol) thought I would share about a stranger difficult child. I can't believe this. difficult child#1 told me last night that his friend, a 22 year old girl, will inherit seven million dollars if she gets a college degree and occupation before her 25th birthday. She is a sole heir and her Uncle put that in writing when she was twenty.

She is pretty, personable, made good grades in school etc. but she likes to party hardy and doesn't "think" she is willing to go to college or get a career now. OMG! I think she is on pills/booze. How is that for the ultimate difficult child choice? Can you even imagine? The difficult child world is crazy! Geez! DDD

keista

OMG! Can I trade places with her???????????????

I'm assuming that someone has tried explaining to her that it just takes 4 years to get a degree, get her inheritance, and then she can party all she wants?

TerryJ2

Oh, that's SO sad!
Maybe my older sisters were g'sfg. My grandmother offered all 5 of us kids a brand new car of our choice, upon college graduation. One sister dropped out with-a yr remaining. The other dropped out with-only a quarter remaining. (At the time, she had dated an avowed communist, who said material goods were useless, although he drove a black Corvette, and after that, a Libertarian, who said that a college degree is a waste of a easy child of paper. Sigh.)
The good thing was that I could watch their antics and know that was NOT what I was going to do at their age, lol!
So sorry that this young woman's uncle's incentives are falling on deaf ears.
He's certainly trying, isn't he?

DammitJanet

Well now I dont feel so completely stupid. There is at least one person out there dumber than me!

My parents offered to buy me a brand new car...either a Datsun 280Z or a Firebird with the complete package if I just graduated HS. I quit. I only had one class left to take...lol. Yes...stupid. I already had college acceptance letters too but I messed that up and threw it all away. difficult child to the max.

L

Liahona

He could donate it to the Residential Treatment Center (RTC)/treatment center she'll end up in.

TerryJ2

He could donate it to the Residential Treatment Center (RTC)/treatment center she'll end up in.

Ah, dark humor, indeed.
:bigsmile:

DDD

Funny, guys. Evidently the rich uncle only has two biological relatives...the girl and her Dad who is a major difficult child bro. Seems as though the money will go to charity if she doesn't step up to the plate. As of this week she has shared with friends that she tested positive on a pg test. Good Grief! I've only met her once and husband found her polite and charming. He always thinks positive thoughts, lol, since I don't share all the garbage I know with him. Maybe she'll get it together but living in a small city it was a shock to find out anyone might inherit such a huge amount. Ball's in her court. Selfishly I wish it were in mine.
DDD

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Can I be adopted? Seriously.

Is she such a twit that she doesn't realize you can get a totally bogus degree and it's relatively simple to do? (or was for 2 of my cousins) I understand that's not what Uncle was aiming for, my guess is as he saw it as a chance to save his niece....

I told my kids that if I won the lotto there would be stipulations that had to be met for them to get my money / property. No sense in handing it over to someone not responsible enough to appreciate it. And even in that respect........say I'd win that 7 million? The kids would only get a small amount, the rest would go to people who really need help.

Of course, one has to play to win, which I don't. :rofl:

DDD

It just dawned on me. Ta Da! Her baby will be a blood relative. Hmmm. Wonder if that will change anything? DDD

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
DDD--

I would seriously be questioning this information...

After all, we have many difficult children on this very board that fully believe they are about to come into some major money. And when it doesn't come through? They are going to need an equally bogus story to explain why.

My own daughter has been telling everyone that she is "getting" a $180k scholarship from the military. This is not true. I know it. You know it. difficult child knows it. She is already starting to change her story to "Well, I *could* get $180,000, but I'd rather......"

So this sounds like a pretty typical difficult child story to me.

DammitJanet

Well, actually, the GI Bill could be the equivalent of close to that with all the stuff that goes with it if you go through at least two tours of duty, (8 years in the military) take a few classes free while in the military, then get out and go straight to a 4 year university and use them for paying for the tuition, books, and place to live and get the stipend. You would get about $1500 or more a month just to have as spending money a month on top of all that as the stipend. So depending on where they went for university, it could be up there.

DDD

Could be Daisy. Might very well just be a difficult child story to share with other difficult child's. She has the hots for my difficult child so maybe she's hoping he'll give her a ring. yikes. LOL DDD

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Well, actually, the GI Bill could be the equivalent of close to that with all the stuff that goes with it if you go through at least two tours of duty, (8 years in the military) take a few classes free while in the military, then get out and go straight to a 4 year university and use them for paying for the tuition, books, and place to live and get the stipend. You would get about $1500 or more a month just to have as spending money a month on top of all that as the stipend. So depending on where they went for university, it could be up there.

Yes, Janet you are right about that.

There IS a $180,000 scholarship available to qualified applicants....ROTC students majoring in physics, nursing, engineering, etc. Students need to be at the top of their class, with a GPA of 3.5+, accepted at a participating university and willing to serve 5 or more years.

difficult child is not a "qualified applicant" in any sense of the word...