A funny little difficult child thing...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
So, we had to do a wedding Saturday. We have a nice team and carriage and occassionally pick up brides who want the whole carriage thing, so we do that. I do most of the setup and husband drives (cause you don't wanna see husband put flowers on a carriage....bad). The bride and groom were about 90 minutes later than scheduled, and easy child 1, who was watching the little ones, had to leave, so he had to bring the kids to where we were waiting. Not a big deal because once the carriage is set up and decorated, the kids and I can disappear.
This particular event, the wedding was in another town. They drove to a baseball field near the town the reception was in, they got in the carriage there, and took the carriage to the reception. So while we waited, wee difficult child and easy child 2 played on the ball field. Wee difficult child got FILTHY.
The bride and groom showed up in a stretch SUV. They invited me and the kids to ride in the "limo" to the reception with the rest of the wedding party, they'd drop us off after the wedding party just down the street so we could watch the couple arrive and ride back in the carriage. Of course, the kids wanted to do that (so did I!) so we did.
difficult child LOVES to dress up when the occassion is called for, and was almost distraught about his dirty clothes. As I was helping the bride into the carriage, apparently difficult child got in the back of my truck, took off his clothes, washed them and himself in the melted ice water in the cooler, and put them back on!
Of course, when I was done and turn around and see him standing behind me DRENCHED, my reaction was "WHAT DID YOU DO??!?!?!!" And, with quivering lip, he told me he cleaned himself up for the wedding! lol
Who can be angry at that??? We got some towels out of the truck for him to sit on and went on our merry way. He enjoyed the limo, and they invited us back to the reception for dinner. We were close to home so he went home and changed first, (and wore a silk vest and bow tie, no less), but I thought it was kinda cute and wanted to share.

Andy

Yep, definately need to remember that one. What a gentleman - how many guys would actually think to clean up in a situation like this?

meowbunny

What an absolute sweetheart! No wonder you guys were invited to the reception. Who could resist a gentleman who cared enough to be clean for a ride in a limo.

(Now a favor -- when you go with the fancy font and then make it small, it is very hard for these old eyes to read. So, could you either stick with a plain jane font or make the print larger? Thanks!)

F

flutterbee

What a sweetheart.

You are going to beating the girls off with a stick in a few years. ;)

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Funny you say that, Heather. When we got back to the reception, in his long sleeve white shirt, silky vest, bow tie, black shorts, cowboy hat, and no shoes...we ate, then he went straight to the dance floor and picked up the flower girl.

They were doing the traditional 6 year old dance (holding hands, facing each other, a good arms length away, swaying...kinda) and a slow song came on. He looked around at the adults and he grabber her and pulled her closer...

Lord have mercy...

F

flutterbee

Lord have mercy is right! What a doll!

Sigh....I miss that age so much.

susiestar

Roll With It
That is totally and completely adorable!! Certainly something you want to put in a scrapbook or photo album if you hve a picture, or at least write up so yo can cherish the memory.

what a gentleman, and he tried his best to solve his own problem - that also is great.

meowbunny

OMG -- the dancing closer is just too cute. Sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun with the phone calls when he gets older. Better make sure his cell has true unlimited minutes or the bill is gonna be in the hundreds every month.

He really does sound like a cutey pie. Six is such a fun age.