A funny one from difficult child

TerryJ2

difficult child, as usual, had his summer basketball shorts halfway down his butt, so I could see his boxer shorts underneath. I told him to pull them up.
He said no.
I told him again.
He said, "N likes it that way."
"I'm not N and she's not here. Pull them up. You can pull them up for me and down for her."
Uh, wait, didn't mean it that way ...

:embarrassed:

"I bet that's the only time you'll tell me to do that," he quipped.

:rofl:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
:rofl:

Whoops!

Ya know... I think it looks idiotic... But Onyxx thinks it's "hot". This confuses me... Looking like they can't afford a belt makes a girl want to date them?!

InsaneCdn

Foot-in-mouth time... been there done that, of course.

Did you know that they even have jeans now that make it LOOK like they are falling down, but the "shorts" are fake uppers just designed to look that way?

I don't get it either, on this one.
Maybe it's supposed to be a take-off on the famous/infamous stereotype of plumbers? 'Cause DIY guys are supposed to be one of the current really "hot" trends.

Ktllc

LOL! In a way, funny that difficult child got the joke out of what you inadvertedly said! Yep, he got it when you really wished he had not. Typical! :)

DammitJanet

I have never been able to get the guys to believe me when I tell the where that look came from. It came from Jail and the guys who were willing to have sex with each other wore their pants that way. I have no idea why anyone would want to wear their pants that way if they dont want to have sex with another man!

Janet - Really!?? I didn't know that.

I also hate the look. My dad has the perfect name for them. He calls them seven day "Poopers" (insert another word there). LOL> They look like they could hold 7 days worth of dung.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Hilarious Terry! difficult child likes to wear that look and is constantly being told to pull them up. easy child/difficult child told her girls don't like it but even that didn't help!

TerryJ2

Janet, I heard a spin on that story ... that the look came from prison, where the inmates are not allowed to wear belts or suspenders.
Still, it came from prison. Shame on our society that it is now mainstream. :(

SuZir

Shame on our society that it is now mainstream. :(
Well, you have to admit that it perfectly serves the main purpose for any youth clothing trend - It irritates koi out of parents and other adults.

Here it starts to be out already (luckily), but I'm not sure if the new one is any better. Every kiddo (of course also mine :sigh:) seem to wear pants that look like they would be also wearing gigantic diaper. I really don't get it. When you last wear diapers 15 years ago and hopefully are not going to wear again in at least 60 years, why on earth you want to look like you would be using them right now?!? My darlings have not been able to give me any reasonable answer for that...

TerryJ2

Do they wear puffy boxers, or is it just that the boxers poof out over the waistband of their pants?
Ugh, either way.
Somebody posted a funny old picture of Dick Van Dyke from Mary Poppins on FB. It showed him singing Chim Chiminy, and dancing, from behind, with-his pants pulled way down, and penguins dancing beside him.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I think the boxers puff up. And... Whoever posted that picture from Mary Poppins, I shared it...