A glimpse of peace and quiet

maril

My house is quiet now, husband has gone off to work, and difficult child is in his room (probably on the phone); very quiet here. I love these quiet moments.

I think I'm going to go look through some recipe books now because I am really struggling to find some new/different/better recipes for dinner. I have been buying way too much junk food/quick and easy stuff lately.

Here's to a good night's sleep and a better day tomorrow. Yawn...

:sleeping:

F

flutterbee

Enjoy your evening.

Unfortunately, even if the kids are settled in, with 6 spoiled pets I don't get much peace and quiet. My fantasy lately has been getting a hotel room for the weekend and ordering room service.

TerryJ2

Ohh, Marilynne, how nice.

My difficult child has been asleep for 2-1/2 hrs.
But my aging border collie mix is scratching at some sort of infection and keeping me awake.I took her to the vet yesterday and spent almost $400 on drugs!!! I just can't bear to put her down yet. After Christmas I'm sure we'll have had enough of her doing her biz on the good carpet ... and sometimes she can't make it up the stairs.

So, here I am, happy that difficult child is sleeping, and the dog is making me crazy.

I am a glutton for punishment.

Enjoy your recipe hunt. Let us know what you cook up!

maril

Little late here, but thanks for all the nice responses. I never did get too much recipe searching done - couldn't keep my eyes open. Maybe tonight. I wish you all a quiet evening tonight somewhere between difficult children, ailing pets, and all the other stuff that we have to do.

Heather: Who knows? Maybe someday that fantasy can become reality. Could easy child take over for a weekend while you escape? My 17yo probably would have the house rockin' if we left him by himself all weekend (lol).

TerryJ2: So sorry your collie is going through that misery. It is difficult when pets get older and have health problems. Sam, our basset hound, suffered so from what (I think was) hip dysplasia; neither husband or I would make a decision about putting him down and we finally had to face it together, as our dog was incapacitated. Anyway, I hope your buddy feels better soon.