A good day for difficult child

Wiped Out

Staff member
difficult child had a really good day today and after getting phone calls about his behavior at school the last three days it was really nice.

He came in after school with his self portrait finished (he's been working on it every day during art class for over a month). It's really good and he is really proud of himself. It is nicely matted and we will frame it. He brought it to my school after his school today. He showed it to all of the teachers and they gave him so much positive feedback. They all know he struggles and were very impressed.

If I can ever figure out how to post a picture or get husband to help me like in the past, I will post a picture of the self portrait.

The other really good thing for him today is he found out that he was the top seller for his fundraiser. He really did a good job of selling. For being top seller he will receive a $50.00 Target gift certificate and a product of what he was selling.

It was nice to see him so excited tonight!!

buddy

So proud of difficult child! Please give him bunches of hugs from his board aunties...unless he hates hugs, then just tell him we love him and are so loving the gift of happiness and hope he has given us today.

B

Bunny

Way to go, difficult child!!! Those are the types of posts we like to read!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks Ladies! He really was feeling good about himself yesterday-wish he could learn to channel that.

Sharon-It will be interesting to see what he will spend his gift card on. Originally he told husband and me he wanted to get us something with it so he could give us a Christmas gift (we told him it wasn't necessary but he seemed rather insistent, of course this was before he knew for sure he won.

I had told him it would be neat to use part of it for a present for a little guy in my class whose mom is very depressed and probably not celebrating Christmas this year. He sort of liked that idea too.

We'll see, it might end up being he just spends it on himself (which is fine too:))

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Don't you love it when they make us proud!!!

:hugs: from Auntie Step, too. Or verbal kudos... LOL